Re: Cas Demo Black Screen (with llama face)

by Cullenzchik

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Another quick update: As stated above I updated my Windows and Origin yesterday and still got no luck at all, still getting the black screen with the llama picture. Anyway today I broke out a very old laptop (a 4 year old Toshiba which just scrapes in with the minimum requirements) and it ran perfect. The only thing that the old laptop doesn't have on it is sims 3, so I'm wondering if that might be part of the problem? I have no idea I'm just grasping at straws really. My own laptop is brand new and running way above what's needed so I really am at a loss as to why it wont work.

Message 51 of 99 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have this problem to

here is my dxdiag

and here is  my config.log

I hope you can resolve this bug .

Message 52 of 99 (1,139 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Could it be possible that it's a windows 8 related problem? I recently downloaded the sims 2 collection and found out it wouldn't work with windows 8 which is what I'm running.

Message 53 of 99 (1,126 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't think it's a Windows 8 problem, because I have the same issue and I run XP. 

I've had trouble installing .NET Framework 3 and above (Windows Update keeps telling me this is an important update I have to install) - I keep getting errors. Could this be contributing to the issue, I wonder? 

Message 54 of 99 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'am on windows seven and i have also this problem.

Message 55 of 99 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Have you guys tried running it in compatibility mode?

I was getting the black screen but no Llama. Right clicked on the desktop item for the demo and did a troubleshoot compatibility. 

Message 56 of 99 (1,091 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I tried that a while back and while it loaded faster, as soon as it got past the video part it went to the black screen and the llama pictures.

Message 57 of 99 (1,073 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh that sucks!!! 

Message 58 of 99 (1,036 Views)

★★ Novice

i have windows 7 on my laptop. and updating everything fixed it. there were like 18 updates *whoops* 

Message 59 of 99 (1,005 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still no joy with this, tried running in compatibility mode for almost every option and still it's the same. I have sims 2 and sims 3 working perfectly fine with no problems at all so this is a complete mystery as to why it wont work. My system is fully updated as is Origin and everything else ( even installed all the optional updates as well). 

Message 60 of 99 (963 Views)