Career opportunity not working

by Nakashimafied

Original Post

Career opportunity not working

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My sim is in the military career, rank 6. He just got an opportunity pop up while at work, to change jobs to science rank 7. I accepted, but his has stayed military 6. 

I play on origin, with all packs installed. 

Message 1 of 6 (619 Views)

Re: Career opportunity not working

@Nakashimafied  You're totally sure you clicked Yes?  I almost never use this option, but as far as I can remember, it's always worked for me.

This could just be a one-time glitch, but if you really want your sim to switch careers without starting at level one, you can accomplish that with mods.  Let me know whether you'd like to try.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (595 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict I am totally sure yes, it's the first time I'd agreed to one since usually my sims get offers for same-rank jobs which doesn't interest me too much, so I figured I'd try it for the increased rank.
I'm not too fussed about changing it, just wondered if this is something that's just broken that I shouldn't bother with, or if it's a one-time bug type situation. I'm pretty sure I have the mod you're talking about (master controller).
Message 3 of 6 (584 Views)

@Nakashimafied  The feature wasn't broken at first, and I haven't read anything saying it was broken in a later patch, although that's possible.  And yes, I was suggesting using MasterController, either choosing the job and level manually or perhaps reassigning the career opportunity if it's available.  (I'd have to check whether that works; I'm not sure whether it works as an opportunity or is a separate mechanism.)

Since you use MC, do you also use NRaas StoryProgression?  One thing that occurred to me is that if you have Allow Find Job set to False for this sim, SP may have blocked the career change.  You can see the options by clicking on the sim and selecting NRaas > SP > Sim Options > Career: Allow Find Job.  A setting of (True) or (False), in parentheses, means that the option is coming from an upstream setting, probably Caste or Town Options; if the setting says True or False and is not in parentheses, you've set it explicitly on the sim.

Message 4 of 6 (554 Views)

★ Guide

I just went into my game and checked for this, but alas, that is set to (True) for this sim.

I appreciate you trying to think with me on this, I do definitely use SP but have not messed with any of its settings since reinstalling TS3 (and thus the mods) about a week ago. 

Message 5 of 6 (500 Views)

@Nakashimafied  Then I don't know what else could have happened.  It's always possible the game itself just had a hiccup.  Sorry I don't have more to offer, but at least you can manually grant the new job with MC if you want.

Message 6 of 6 (488 Views)