Re: Career level Bug

by zaicarl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Career level Bug

★★★ Novice
When my Sim works at the hospital, I saw the career level and career clothes of npcs and my other Sims changes every day.
It really bothers me, and it is totally unfair, when one of my Sims should be a chief and it said he is an assistant, because this Sim worked hard for promotion!
Could anyone help me I fix this bug?
Message 1 of 10 (554 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

@zaicarl I finally got the chance to ask about this. That is how it's designed. When you play a different household, your other played households are treated like NPCs while you are gone. The Doctor Career is designed to rotate the job roles of NPCs working at the hospital.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (536 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@zaicarl I moved this over to the Sims 4 forum for you.

Was your sim promoted to Chief of Staff then Suddenly became an assistant?

Did you make it to Chief of Staff then quit and restart the career?

Message 2 of 10 (547 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have a Sim as a Chief of staff (level 10) and a Sim as a Surgeon (level 9) , both of them don't quit their job.
Their career level doesn't actually change, but when I control another Sim who also works at the hospital, I will see they change their clothes and career level everyday.
Not only my Sims' career level but also npcs' change everyday.
But I have this bug only in the doctor career, everything is fine when I played with the detective career. One of my Sim is always senior Detective when I controlled another Sim who also worked at police station.
I don't know why.
Message 3 of 10 (536 Views)

★★★ Expert

Do you have any mods or custom content? If so have you tried removing them and testing to see if this still happens?

Message 4 of 10 (530 Views)

★★★ Novice
And the first time I saw the chief of staff became an assistant, I opened this Sim's file and found that he was at the hospital, wore the clothes of the assistant, and was late for a job. It makes me confused:/
Message 5 of 10 (530 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have a no mosaic mod but no cc. I think I had this bug before I download the no mosaic mod. Npcs' career level changed everyday when I controlled a Sim as a doctor for the first time.
Message 6 of 10 (524 Views)

★★★ Expert

You can try deleting your Cache Files and Resetting you Game then only copy your Saves folder back to the new folder AFTER you run the game once to see if the problem still happens.

It may be by design but, no one I could ask is around right now.

Message 7 of 10 (520 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you! I will try!
And I have a question, will the relationships between the npcs and my Sims be gone, if I delete the cache file, remove the save folder and put it back?
Message 8 of 10 (514 Views)

★★★ Expert

@zaicarl I finally got the chance to ask about this. That is how it's designed. When you play a different household, your other played households are treated like NPCs while you are gone. The Doctor Career is designed to rotate the job roles of NPCs working at the hospital.

Message 9 of 10 (537 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks for your answer!Standard smile
I wonder if this system would be changed after later update. TAT
Because I really want to see my Sims of different families working together at the hospital and being their real career level. TAT
Message 10 of 10 (494 Views)