Re: Career Tab and Progress Bar messed up

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

Career Tab and Progress Bar messed up

★★★ Newbie

Hello. So, I have been trying to figure this out myself for a while now, but to no avail. My sims 4 career tab is completely broken. It will pop up when you click on it, but it does not show promotion tasks. Also, the performance bar is glitched out completely, the performance status will say "Excellent" or "Average" and such, but the little arrow will be in the red or orange, and the green and yellow are no where to be seen on the tab. It is the same for the school progress as well, basically anything having to do with the career tab. I would like to fix it because it's hard to get promotions and such with it like this. Thank you for any help you can give me! Just some notes: I am still able to get a career and get promotions and advance in it, promotions just happen randomly since I can't see what I actually have to do to get the promotion. 

Message 1 of 5 (4,358 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @badoboeplayer1 If you use mod or cc; since a Career has been added, it's best to check any cc/mods that change/interact with the Careers in General. Also please check here for any broken or updated mods . and here for more tips on fixing your game. 

If you don't use cc/or mods:

Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to to a Clean Boot of your pc.

Here's a troubleshooter. and another troubleshooter post by Crinrict

Hope this helps,

If you check through those and still experience problems, let us know.

Sasha

I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 5 (4,341 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@badoboeplayer1 

Change the games resolution  to the recommended resolution of your graphics card. Usually the highest setting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 5 (4,333 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, i had the same issue myself and through many checks i found the solution, that may help you. After i got the sims conflict detector, it helped me minimize my options and found that the UI extension mod was the conflict. I'm not sure if it's because it needs an update but i got rid of it and my careers tab went back to normal. hope this helped C:

Message 4 of 5 (4,217 Views)

★★ Pro

Yes, @Unicornmehderp , removing and checking for broken mods and then updates is the first step, UI Cheats Extension does have an update as Weerbesu is one Mod Maker that is the most prompt with updating, he now shares them via Patreon as has moved away from MTS.

Also note, if two mods interact with the same game script file, they are usually incompatible to have both.. & conflict detector, while is a handy tool is no longer supported (out of date) by the person who made it, so 'use with care'.

Message 5 of 5 (4,207 Views)