Cant login to sims3 launcher

by Ashleesharree

Original Post

Cant login to sims3 launcher

★★ Novice

I just recently re downloaded all my games onto my laptop because everything got wiped.. So everything started off fine, everything worked fine. Was able to log into my sims 3 launcher without problems. was able to see all the different worlds I have, About 8! Now it has gone to about 3 world since I cant log in. (main reason why I wont play, the worlds I want to start back up on is gone) Then I started downloading some content from The exchange. didn't see any problems until I was happy with what I had, which is barely anything compared to what I used to have.. maybe 30 items. and now since I don't that I cant log into my launcher at all...it just comes up with the welcome page being blue with nothing on it. I even tried logging in on the download page since it has it in the corner.. everything I press enter it just pops back up...
another thing I have tried is REPAIR my sims game through origin, as it has the option there.. (did not touch this until after I tried everything else to fix it) still  didn't do anything!! have also changed my password multiple times.!!!!!! this is really annoying as I have waited nearly a year to be able to play again and then this happens... cookies and cliché  doesn't do anything as I have seen many say it doesn't help one bit!! and I really would love NOT to have to uninstall my game and try again as it took hours for me to get it in the first place.. Please HELP

Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)

Re: Cant login to sims3 launcher

Hero (Retired)

@Ashleesharree  What you need to do is clear the browsing history in IE 11. IE 11 is in Windows 10 just type IE 11 is the search window. You MUST DO THIS IN IE as the game uses IE to communicate. Open IE - click the cog in the upper right - click internet options - clear browsing history or click advanced and reset browser. You only have to do this in IE.

Message 2 of 4 (303 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi i did that straight after posting this post. My home page yesterday then started showing error page can not be found. I havnt checked today but if it still like it. I wouldnt know what to do
Message 3 of 4 (291 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have to do this daily...but it works!

Try this...it worked for me...

Open Internet Explorer (make 100% sure it is explorer NOT edge)

Click on the little cog in the upper right

Choose Internet options

Choose the Advance tab then click the button that says Reset

Tick the Delete Personal Settings Box then the Reset Button

Close Internet Explorer

Open the Launcher & try to login again and it should be fixed!

Good luck!!!

Message 4 of 4 (275 Views)