Cant get any mods or cc to work, tried everything

by ConnorTheCanoe

Original Post

Cant get any mods or cc to work, tried everything

★★★★★ Newbie

I have done everything I can, I have only one mod right now I keep testing, its the MC command center. basically I've checked all of the things to allow script mods and custom content, i restarted my game nothing worked, so i looked up what to do. I deleted my resource file by accident after i had tried redoing the allow cheats and what not, but i was able to get it back and that wasn't even the problem. I completely got rid of my mod folder, and I know its in the right place, my Mods folder is under " This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods " which is exactly how it was when the mods where working, and I know it isn't a problem with my games version  because I've had this problem for a few months now and I've always used and had the right version of MC Command center or the other mods id try to use. I read somewhere that its supposed to be a ZIP file and right now it says Compressed (zipped) folder. I asked my dad to help and him being very good with electronics and all the fancy folders and what not couldn't figure it out, and he always does. I've spent a few hours now looking up how to fix my mods, I don't know what else to try.

Message 1 of 3 (209 Views)

Re: Cant get any mods or cc to work, tried everything

@ConnorTheCanoe  A mod cannot be in .zip format, or .rar or .7z for that matter.  All files in the Mods folder (aside from resource.cfg) need to be in ,package or .ts4script format.  If MCCC is in .zip format, extract it and get rid of the .zip file.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (186 Views)

Re: Cant get any mods or cc to work, tried everything

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much! Ill try it out and come back
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)