Cant find Sims data file??

by aly975

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant find Sims data file??

★ Apprentice

Hopefully i am posting this in the correct place, since for some reason i cannot make new posts on the sims 4 forums, i can only make comments on existing posts??

Anyways, i am trying to follow this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou-BgtOsvnA) to change the names randomly generated for townies in my game since the city living bug is getting really annoying having multiple households using the exact same names that i cannot for the life of me pronounce! 

There is one part in this tutorial where you need to find ClientDeltaBuild0.package inside \The Sims 4\Data\Client\ file. But my game doesnt even have a file that says data or even client??

If someone could help me find this, or tell me how to get to this file that would be awesome!

(sorry if this is even a dumb question i have never tried to mod anything myself before so this is all new to me) 

Message 1 of 3 (894 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant find Sims data file??

Hero

This turtorial is from 2015 so make sure you make backups of everything. Be prepared that some of it may be outdated

The files should be in programs(x86)\Origin_Games\thesims4 (path may vary depending on your installation)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (952 Views)

All Replies

Hero

This turtorial is from 2015 so make sure you make backups of everything. Be prepared that some of it may be outdated

The files should be in programs(x86)\Origin_Games\thesims4 (path may vary depending on your installation)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (953 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ahh! finally, thank you so much, i was looking in the wrong sims 4 folder! 

Message 3 of 3 (884 Views)