Re: Cant download from the sims 3 exchange PC

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Cant download from the sims 3 exchange PC

★★★★★ Novice

I've managed to download things from the store pretty okay, but the exchange is much more difficult. I'm trying to download sims, and two have worked so far, but on most of them, I get the error "[name of sim im trying to download.sims3pack]. Installation failed: please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again. Done!" But origin won't let me update the game? I'm not sure what to do, help please!

Message 1 of 2 (241 Views)

Re: Cant download from the sims 3 exchange PC

@Lola38103  If you have an Origin install, your game is fully updated, and you also have the store content patches.  That error can happen when the sim was created with an earlier version of the game and isn't compatible with yours though.  It can also potentially happen if there's a corrupt file somewhere in your Sims 3 user data folder.

As a test, please drag the entire user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to create a clean folder, and download one of the sims that's giving you issues.  If you still get the error, I can test the affected sims myself to see whether they'll work at all.  Just PM me the links.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (223 Views)