by JinxMinxArt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant Resume Paintings - After Vampire Turn

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get To work. Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a painting, Specifically a Large one. Optional/Unsure: Have Sim be turned into Vampire
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will pull out a canvas and then stop. When clicking on resume canvas, the sim will cancel the action. Started occurring after sim turned into Vampire.
What do you expect to see? The sim should start painting the canvas or resume the canvas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had CC/Mods, removed them, No fix.

I repaired the game, No Fix.

Unsure if it’s this that cause it but it started after my sim turned into a Vampire. Before this she was painting 100% fine.

Message 1 of 6 (482 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant Resume Paintings - After Vampire Turn

[ Edited ]
Hero

Or not paint with that Sim.

You can also try move the Sim out and back in.

Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting for now. Does sound different the regular can't resume painting which is mainly about the option not being present at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (505 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

UPDATE: She can only complete small paintings.

Message 2 of 6 (470 Views)

Hero
Have no issues with my vampires.

What kinds of mods were you using ? Did you try this on a fresh save as well (with no mods) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (462 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
Have no issues with my vampires.

What kinds of mods were you using ? Did you try this on a fresh save as well (with no mods) ?

I’ve attempted to turn her back to human and do a large painting. The error still occurs.

The only mod I was using was, MCC. The CC I had was just hairs, clothes, skins etc.

Opened a new save, with mods. The sim paints fine as a human. The sim paints fine as a Vampire. 

So the error is occurring in only in one save. I’m assuming I will just have to start a new save then.

Message 4 of 6 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting for now. Does sound different the regular can't resume painting which is mainly about the option not being present at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (506 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Thank you so much for the suggestion of moving out and back in. It 100% worked! ^^ I’m so glad I won’t be having to start over.

Message 6 of 6 (409 Views)