by panpan6222

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot travel from home lot

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the active sims cellphone. Click the travel.. option. Select sims (optional) and continue
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens, the travel interaction goes away.
What do you expect to see? A loading screen to then the map with the selected sim(s) on screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just updated The Sims 4 to the newest patch released on the 15th. I also just installed Sims 4 Cats and Dogs.

I have attached my dxdiag file.

I tried this action with another family to make sure it wasn't due to having a pet on the lot, and that is when my game crashed.

- Reopened after crash, tried to travel with original family with pet and it crashed.

Message 1 of 8 (378 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot travel from home lot

Hero

Hi @panpan6222

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (438 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @panpan6222

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EDITED: Okay I will try that solution. Unfortunately my external drive is broken, is there another way to backup files? Can I just move them to another space on my computer? Okay saw you can just move them to another location. I'll update in a few.

Message 3 of 8 (360 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@panpan6222

I see your Graphics driver is very old. You should visit AMD and upgrade to the latest that are less than one month old.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (355 Views)

★★★ Novice

So everything worked until I put my CC back in, which is weird, because I was testing it earlier without CC and the issue happened. 

I removed mods first, I guess i'll have to see if I have any bad CC.

My only problem is that I played this same sim and household days ago, the only thing I added was a dog. No new CC or anything.

Message 5 of 8 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@panpan6222

I see your Graphics driver is very old. You should visit AMD and upgrade to the latest that are less than one month old.

Ok thanks for noticing. I don't think that relates to the bug issue i'm having, though. 

Message 6 of 8 (348 Views)

Hero

A lot of cc/mods have been outdated with the c&d patch and need updating. Sims4Studio has batch fixes for most cc issues now. You can google that. You'll be using the program at your own risk as it's third party.

Here's a list of broken stuff: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1

The list is not complete so there might be other mods causing issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (341 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah thankfully I already had it and need to check. Thanks so much! 

Message 8 of 8 (338 Views)