Cannot start the Free Sims 4 - Out of Memory

by jlhk001

Original Post

Cannot start the Free Sims 4 - Out of Memory

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When starting the free Sims 4, the game crashed after the Title Screen and a popup window (see attached) is shown,

Unable to start:

The game has run out of memory.

[223471fd:0d5ce4eb:000000c8:00000000]

Please help.

DxDiag output is also attached

According to msinfo, I have 32G RAM, Available RAM 27G, Available Virtual Memory 34G, Page File Space 8G.

I am using Windows 10 Build 17763

Message 1 of 18 (5,327 Views)

Re: Cannot start the Free Sims 4

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Have you performed an update on your display adapter/graphics card recently? I am attempting to read your dxdiag but the Radeon RX 580 series I see on hand doesn't list the last time it's been updated. The last thing I see is 4/15/19, but normally it's much clearer in the dxdiag. I looked up your graphics card and that should be sufficient, so an update wouldn't hurt.

You may want to also take a visit over to System Requirements Lab to see if your machine is able to run it; it may give you some details if anything is incompatible.

If everything looks copacetic, I would then try it on a different machine and see if it works there; if it's an issue with the machine you're installing it on alone, it could be signs of something else.

Hope this gives you a start on where to go.

- B

Message 2 of 18 (5,304 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I'm having the same problem. 

I added the DxDiag. I don't know why it won't work! Frown 

Message 3 of 18 (5,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

AMD driver has been updated to the latest 19.5.2(Driver Date/Size: 5/22/2019 8:00:00 AM, 1972960 bytes), see attached

The problem remains

Message 4 of 18 (5,272 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jlhk001 

You have several errors related to Memory. Try to take out all RAM modules (do not touch the connectors with your fingers) Make sure the sockets are dust free (you can use air in a can to clean them). Reset the RAM modules and make sure they are properly seated.

If this does not help please run Microsoft Memory Diagnostics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 18 (5,243 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@WhoDaresWin96 

Please describe what happens and include any error messages you get.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 18 (5,240 Views)

Sims 4 ran out of memory

★★★ Newbie

Alright since the sims 4 is free I decided to download and give it a try but after downloading it and trying the game it keep crashing over and over because of out of memory ? I have a gaming laptop and enough memory to play other high games such as battlefield 1 . What is the problem ? I can’t fix this 

Message 7 of 18 (5,188 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ran out of memory

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @TheRuneRage 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Could you also post a screen of the error you're getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (5,183 Views)

★★ Novice

"You have several errors related to Memory. " : Please provide details.

I don't think it is hardware related as Microsoft Memory Diagnostics does not give any errors.

In addition, games that require more RAM to run than Sims 4 do not encountered such error.

So it must be Sims 4's own problem.

Message 9 of 18 (5,212 Views)

Re: Sims4 says out of memory?

★ Novice

Hey sorry to bother, but I am having the same problem--do I just make a new case and attach my file onto there, or do I do something else? Please help me

Message 10 of 18 (5,192 Views)