Re: Cannot see inside my active Sim's house

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Cannot see inside my active Sim's house

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

1 Sim day ago, I got a pop-up saying I could choose whether or not to send my roommates on a vacation for 2 days, so I did. Then just a moment ago, my teen Sim was inside her house about to use her phone to throw a party, and all of a sudden the roof popped up on the screen and when I clicked on her to center her on my screen, I found I was unable to see my Sim nor see inside the house at all. My household consisted of a teen Sim (killed dad at beginning of game using MC Total Annihilation), and 2 non-active young adult roomies.
I tried resetting my lot, resetting the Sim, and I read that I should move my Sim household out of the house, and move it back in. First I decided to dismiss my roommates (don't want adults at the party) then I tried that, but no luck. Happened again a few minutes ago.
ANYWAY... Does anyone know if resetting certain items in the home does this? Sometimes my doors stick open and never close. I think I remember resetting 2 of them around the time this happened.

edited to fix formatting.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 2 (317 Views)

Re: Cannot see inside my active Sim's house

@kwohld  The free vacation feature is so buggy that it can't be fixed even with mods, and although it works some of the time, when it doesn't, there's no reliable way to recover the save except to revert to a previous version.  Do you have a save from before the free vacation started?  If so, now's the time to use it.

If you never made one, try the automatic backup save the game keeps.  Open Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and you'll see a folder with your save name, and another with the same name and a .backup extension (e.g. SunsetValley.sims3 and SunsetValley.sims3.backup).  Rename the backup and delete the .backup extension (e.g. SunsetValley1.sims3), and it will be available to load from the Main Menu.

Running a MasterController reset doesn't cause these issues, although it may, on rare occasion, make an existing issue more prominent to the extent that a previously playable save glitches out.  But in those cases, the save was already corrupt to some extent, and MC didn't have enough data to properly rebuild some element or other.

Given all the issues you've described in a short amount of time, I'm wondering if part of the problem is another mod.  The ones from NRaas are fine, provided you're playing on patch 1.67 or higher, but a few other popular mods can and will corrupt your save.  So I'd like to see a list of the mods you're using.  You can send it to me in a private message if you'd rather not post it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (289 Views)