Cannot save because "Game Loading is in progress"

by EllaFritzgerald

Original Post

Cannot save because "Game Loading is in progress"

★★★★ Novice

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me. I got my sims married, was offered the option to merge the household and when it came back to Live Mode my Sim (and pet) was stuck on the wedding venue. I updated my game today and I do use CC and MCCC is my only script mod. When I try to send her home nothing happens and when I try to travel, switch control to the sim that's not stuck on the lot or save the options are not available, a message says "Game Loading is in progress". I was able to bring another pet from the household to the wedding lot but it could not go back.

I hope someone can help me to rescue this game since I had days and days of progress or let me know if this is a recurrent thing that has happened to someone before. Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 56 (79,319 Views)

Re: Cannot save because "Game Loading is in progress"

Hero

Hi @EllaFritzgerald

are you currently stuck at this state or does it re-occur when you reload the save ?

If it's the later, have you tried this without custom content and mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 56 (79,092 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I'm still stuck on the lot, I'm considering giving up tho Frown and keeping an eye on this becoming a recurrent problem. 

I just remembered since the new patches and C&D my game changed from 64bits to 36bits, could that be the reason why this is happening?

Message 3 of 56 (79,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yeah, if it's stuck like that, theres most of the time nothing you can do.

Make sure it's not your mods/cc though.

Is your Origin client a different language then the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 56 (79,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also stuck.. there's nothing I can do. Frown Can't save, can't go into build mode.. nothing. I can play, but have to exit out of game completely without a save. Pointless. This just started last night. I've never had any problems until I loaded Cats & Dogs xpac. Frown

Message 5 of 56 (79,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’m having the same problem. Never happened until today -__- mine happened right after I made over my sim in the mirror. After that I couldn’t save/build/etc because it says “game loading is in progress”
Message 6 of 56 (78,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me (I think) because my sim had 'simstagram a pet' in their queue when I saved and quit. When I loaded the game I took the picture immediately without being able to cancel the action. After I could not travel, build, or save due to 'Game loading is in progress".

How I fixed this was quitting to main menu, selecting play game again but this time select any other household. I let a few seconds of time pass so that the 'Simstagram pet' action was likely to be over or even canceled by the autonomy of the sim. I then saved on a separate file, quit to menu and when I loaded the game with the other household everything was fine once more.

Hope this helps!

Standard smile

Message 7 of 56 (78,490 Views)

★★ Novice

So it happened to me too. I had my Sim take a picture of my pet before leaving the game and then it will always load on the "take a picture" screen, and after that, I'm not able to save. After closing the game, rebooting my computer, clearing all origin folders (Support suggestion) I gave up and created a different family. Everything seemed right until my teenager grew up, after that, I couldn't save, I got the message that I couldn't save while a Sim is aging up, but it over a week after the birthday. 

I contacted EA support, we repaired with Origin, I loaded an older save of the game, but if I repeated the actions, I kept getting the same result. Finally, I had to completely delete the Sims 4 folder from the documents folder and create an entirely new family. I repeated the actions (took pictures of my pets, aged my Sim) and I was able to save. 

I know this is not the solution one would like, mainly if you invested a lot of time in your family, but is what I got. Hope you find it helpful.

Message 8 of 56 (78,444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem... what do i need to do if i download the game yesterday? it make me so sad that i cant play....

Message 9 of 56 (78,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked!! thanky ou soooo much! <3

Message 10 of 56 (78,367 Views)