Original Post

Re: Cannot save because "Game Loading is in progress"

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much cause it actually helped 

<h1> awwww<\h1>

Message 41 of 56 (2,440 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having this same issue too but I don't have any mods installed. The only thing that has changed recently is I installed the Get Famous expansion. My game was saving perfectly fine until I moved my Sim into her boyfriend's house. Now the game says that it can't save or go to build mode because ":game loading in progress". Any other tips?

Message 42 of 56 (2,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. I closed the game. Reopened it and instead of selecting play on a house. I hit build mode on the family and saved in build mode. And then it let me play and after that I could save like normal. 

Message 43 of 56 (2,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Today I had the same problem "game loading is in progress". It properly pissed me off after not finding any answers online, i moved all of my mods from the folder to my desktop, only to find that the mods weren't the problem. I have fixed the issue but have no idea what was the cause. I checked whether /that/ particular family on sims had that problem, and it did. I moved it to my "other households'' which seemed to do the trick, if people are having that problem try moving your household. Cheers.

Message 44 of 56 (2,323 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm currently having this issue and in the past with different families I've been able to repair it, just go out, change home and such, never had it up until the patch stopping Father Winter from having all his kids disappear came along, and even that I still have issues with in a new and annoying form. But in terms to this GLIIP I can't fix it. It's fine when I play a different sim family, but when I go to my main, it just says loading in progress and I've done literally everything! Changed him, moved him from one place to the other, repaired my game, tried going back to a different save time-slot, I've got no mods, strictly vanilla and routinely clear my PC and everything! 

For me, it happened with the last patch repairing Father Winter, however, this trigger seems to involve Get Famous, the two are either linked to something in the code or it's just bad luck. 

My sim lives in a house I built, nothing from the gallery, he has 4 cats and even when I moved them away, it still happened! Personally, as much as I believe mods and CC can be a factor, the main fault comes down to patches via EA. 

Message 45 of 56 (2,293 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It works! Thanks so much for the help! This issue was bugging me out to the highest point. I was about to reinstall it completely while all I needed was a simple household switch in a new save lol

Message 46 of 56 (2,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just encountered this issue, I solved it by performing the action it was stuck on a second time.
In my case, the game was not letting me save because it still thought I was taking a picture for my reference painting. I simply made my sim paint another reference painting and it let me save after that.
Message 47 of 56 (2,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and after 2 days of figuring out how to solve it, I finally got the formula Large smile ! I tried various of steps that I found on the internet such as removing my Mods (but you're free to remove some of your outdated mods just to be sure) or moving my household then moving them back, nothing worked out for me. If they didn't work out for you too, try mine. NOTE: This process does not include removing your cc & mods.

1.) Open your Sims 4

2.) Share all important Households/ Lots/ Rooms from your library to the Gallery (NOTE: You MUST be online to make this possible)

3.) Save & Exit your game.

4.) Remove all Tray Files from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

5.) Open your Sims 4 again and Voila! (It worked for me)

P.S. You can now save your Households/ Lots/ Rooms from the Gallery (Profile: Shared Items) to your library. And that's it!! Standard smile Hope this one helps!

-I don't work for EA-

Message 48 of 56 (2,092 Views)

Yeah, if you're playing it on PC. I'm having issues on XBox one. Since the XBox is a console, it cannot support mods or custom content. My issue is happening right now. #consolesmatter #fixitnow #lawwonderisking

Message 49 of 56 (1,966 Views)

@Livid_Lasagne Even the move household option is greyed out. Got any other ideas?
Message 50 of 56 (1,963 Views)