Re: Cannot reinstall The Sims 3 - Product Code already in use.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@farrahmissy  If the (activation) code has been used (even before Origin) that code is locked to the account (email) you were using at that time. In 2012 the official DRM for this game became Origin. When the game was released the DRM at that time was SecuROM and SafeDisc. As there was poor support both Windows and OS X no longer support SecuROM and SafeDisc. Origin is like Valve's Steam in that the DRM is now provided by Origin. This eliminated the install limit and the need for a disc in the drive to play the game. There may be copy guard on the physical disc (not sure about this) but I don't see the need for this anymore as digital delivery is becoming very popular. Accounts can not be accessed in these forums. You need to contact EA customer service - how to contact EA customer service

Message 11 of 13 (442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how about if you reset your pc and try installing it again n ive used the product codes already...

Message 12 of 13 (351 Views)

@Heatherbug61  If Origin tells you that your product codes have already been used, that means they're already registered to your account.  Just login, go to your game library, and click on the Sims 3 icon.  Once you've installed the base game, you'll see a tab at the bottom of the screen that says More.  Click on it and select Expansion Packs (or Stuff Packs), and find your owned packs on the list.  You can download and install them from there.  Or, if you have automatic game updates enabled in Origin, the packs will start downloading automatically once the base game is installed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 13 (347 Views)