Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot propose to other sim after divorce

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, etc
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So my sim has gotten a divorce with her ex husband and she finally gets a new boyfriend.
What happens when the bug occurs? However, although my sim had perform lots of romantic interaction with her new bf until the romantic bar went full, the option to propose was still grayed out which is wierd. Could this be a bug?
What do you expect to see? Propose option available after divorce.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i tried to search this type of bug but it looks like no one has ever gotten it yet.

Message 1 of 6 (974 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot propose to other sim after divorce

★ Apprentice

@crinrictsorry for the late reply regarding this issue. The issue is actually solved. However, something weird happened (probably another type of bug). So basically after my sim divorce with her first spouse, she suddenly got a 2nd spouse which is a random npc out of nowhere. I've never even got to see that NPC before nor did I even organize a wedding for them. Fortunately, I've divorce with that random NPC sim already.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (850 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@Asheisha96
Did the divorce actually take? Click on the other sim in your sim's relationship panel. If they're divorced it'll either say "Divorced" or "Broken up".

If they are, what are their ages?
Message 2 of 6 (966 Views)

Hero
@Asheisha96 Do you get a tool tip when hovering over the propose option as to why it's greyed out ?

Do you still have a romantic relationship with the divorced Sim (or any other) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (959 Views)

Hero
@Asheisha96 Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (873 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrictsorry for the late reply regarding this issue. The issue is actually solved. However, something weird happened (probably another type of bug). So basically after my sim divorce with her first spouse, she suddenly got a 2nd spouse which is a random npc out of nowhere. I've never even got to see that NPC before nor did I even organize a wedding for them. Fortunately, I've divorce with that random NPC sim already.

Message 5 of 6 (851 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Asheisha96 That's odd. I didn't think the game caused random marriages outside of your control. Story progression isn't really a thing outside of a mod. I'm wondering if you had somehow learned of it earlier, before divorcing her first spouse, would she show as married to both? The game doesn't normally allow that. Either way, must be a bug or glitch with your sim.

Glad to hear you got it all worked out!
Message 6 of 6 (766 Views)