Cannot pass the finalizing step because of the updates

by AmyL2608

Original Post

Cannot pass the finalizing step because of the updates

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am trying to install the Sims 3 on my PC (bought from origin). I am on the finalizing step, which is done, but the game is not launching. When I go to settings, the "play" button is in grey and the only button I can click on is the "resume updates". When I click on it, I have a message saying "Your game update is ready to install, please restart your game to install the update". But how can I restart my game (I actually didn't even start it yet) if the "play" button is in grey and cannot by clicked on ?

I tried to log out of origin to restart it but it says I can't because the sims 3 is running (apparently) and I need to close it first but there is no options to do that.

Can anyone help me ?

Message 1 of 2 (226 Views)

Re: Cannot pass the finalizing step because of the updates

@AmyL2608  You can bring up the Task Manager (crtl-alt-delete, or alternately right-click on the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen), find Sims 3 in the list of entries, and End Task.  Then it's a good idea to restart your computer.

If you still can't update, try repairing first instead: right-click on the Sims 3 icon and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, or it doesn't work, clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and try again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (217 Views)