Re: Cannot make purchase, but have been charged money

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Cannot make purchase, but have been charged money

★★★ Newbie

Ive been trying to buy a sims 3 expansion-- it said it couldnt verify my card, so i reloaded and re-entered a few times. I get worried, so i go to check my back account, thinking something was wrong with my card. 
nothing is wrong with my card, but i have FIVE one dollar transactions from EA.

I now cant get in touch with support, and cannot find a customer support email. does anyone know what i can do?

Message 1 of 2 (336 Views)

Re: Cannot make purchase, but have been charged money

@sivermist09  Those $1 transactions are really placeholders, meant to confirm that the information you entered corresponds to a working card.  I suppose that you have five of them because you tried to purchase the EP five times.  The placeholder is supposed to be refunded when the real transaction goes through.

Now though, you'll definitely want to contact EA customer support to make sure that you're not charged five times for the same EP.  I doubt that the phone call option is available right now—it tends to follow the business hours of the country you're calling—but live chat is offered at all hours.  If you don't see the option, make sure your location is set to U.S. or U.K.  Contact by email tends to be slow and often doesn't resolve the issue.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (328 Views)