Cannot load The Sims 4 on PC, screen blinks to white

by allyn211

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot load The Sims 4 on PC, screen blinks to white

★★ Novice

Yesterday, I opened my Sims 4 game and the screen blinked to white, then would not load.  It was working fine two days ago.  

I did just download the Free Holiday Pack and I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice, and on the advice of tech support, cleared my cache and deleted folders.  None of that helped.

Message 1 of 5 (301 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot load The Sims 4 on PC, screen blinks to white

Community Manager

@allyn211 Thank you for uploading the DxDiag, after reviewing it I can make a few recommendations to perform in order to try and help Sims run again on your device, One thing I also wanted to confirm are you running any CC with your game? 

• Update OS and Graphics Drivers
  • Run Program as administrator
  • Scan your device for any malicious software
  • Allow Origins and sims through any Anti-virus or Firewall
  • Try Clean booting your device

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (255 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@allyn211 Can you upload a DxDiag report from your device so we can take a look further into this?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (286 Views)

★★ Novice

Can you tell me how to do that?

Message 3 of 5 (275 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, I figured out how to run DxDiag and am uploading the file.

Message 4 of 5 (273 Views)

Community Manager

@allyn211 Thank you for uploading the DxDiag, after reviewing it I can make a few recommendations to perform in order to try and help Sims run again on your device, One thing I also wanted to confirm are you running any CC with your game? 

• Update OS and Graphics Drivers
  • Run Program as administrator
  • Scan your device for any malicious software
  • Allow Origins and sims through any Anti-virus or Firewall
  • Try Clean booting your device

Illium.png

Message 5 of 5 (256 Views)