Re: Cannot get passed CAS

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Cannot get passed CAS

★★★ Newbie

So I recently downloaded Origin and I’ve been experiencing a number of issues.

Firstly, when I start the game and close it, then try to open it again. My computer says it’s already running, which it isn’t. Forcing me to restart my computer every time I close the game and wish to play again.

Secondly, I can’t get passed CAS mode. I’ll create the household after coming from main menu and either click play or save it to my gallery, but it doesn’t save. It’ll load for a million years while the sim is moving and making noises in the background, which again forces me to close the game. Putting me back to my first problem.

Lastly, my screenshots aren’t being saved. I could make the sim and decide to take a screenshot and it will say it took it and where I can find it, but when I go there. The folder is absolutely empty.

Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

Re: Cannot get passed CAS

@YoshiBTS  It sounds like at least some of your issues are caused by your antivirus program, whichever one you use.  Please try the suggestions in the first post of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Virus-Programs-blocking-User-Folder/td-p...

That should take care of the screenshot issue, it may address the already running issue, and it may also help with saving the household you've just created.  Point is, once you've tried the suggestions, please check again to see which issues, if any, are still present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (122 Views)