Cannot connect to the internet in-game

by dauphinargente81

Original Post

Cannot connect to the internet in-game

★★★ Novice

For the past week I have not been able to connect to the internet in game, I can just fine outside of it but once start the game it keeps asking if I wish to connect online then it tells me it fails and would I like to try again. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 12 (524 Views)

Re: Cannot connect to the internet in-game

EA Staff

@dauphinargente81 

Could you please make sure that your game is fully up to date? To do so right click the Sims 4 game tile in Origin client and select 'Check for Updates'. You could also add firewall/antivirus exceptions for TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 12 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine is doing the same. I can access the Gallery and download other people's sims and lots, etc, so the game is connecting online, but when I click on the DLC button (the three plumbbobs) it asks me if I want to connect to the internet and then fails. I checked and my firewall is allowing both the 32bit and 64bit executables to access the internet. My game is also fully up to date (Dec 4 patch and all currently available DLC packs installed), is not running any custom content and I ran a repair on it about half an hour ago.

Edit: just wanted to add that I am running the 64bit version of the game.

Message 3 of 12 (504 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am not alone! Thank you. I am sorry to say I have not figured out why yet.

Message 4 of 12 (493 Views)

Hero

For the DLC you need Origin in game enabled now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (486 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Origin In-Game is enabled in my case. I have all the online connectivity enabled. I have "Supported games only" selected. Is TS4 no longer a supported game, maybe?

Just wanted to update that I can no longer access the general Gallery and I'm "trapped" with access to only my own creations. I could access the wider community Gallery yesterday despite the DLC connectivity not working. By today even that is gone.

Message 6 of 12 (481 Views)

Hero

Contact a game advisor then so they can check your account.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (478 Views)

★★★ Novice

forgive me, but I no longer know how to get a hold of a game advisor. I've been playing since Sims 3, but I use to always be able to go the sims website, click in help and be able to chat with someone. Then at one point I could do similar through Origin. Now I cannot do either. Everything just leads me to asking for help here.

Message 8 of 12 (472 Views)

Hero

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor or leave your phone number for a call-back

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

It does depend on the options you choose what you'll get

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks Crin! I'm going to try to get onto a chat when I have a nice long chunk of time to spend waiting (I rarely get one in under 45 minutes). I have all the packs installed already and the inability to access the Gallery is intermittent and apparently independent of the inability for my game overall to connect because the DLC button never works but the Gallery connects on occasion (and I still can't use the DLC button when the Gallery has connection). I think this is one for EA tech support to solve.

Message 10 of 12 (460 Views)