Cannot connect to the gallery

by oxfordsplice

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot connect to the gallery

★★★ Apprentice

As of this morning, I have been unable to connect to the gallery. I go to click on the gallery or my profile, it tells me I need to connect. I try to do that and it hangs there. It tells me to try again I do so. Same thing. 

I tried repairing my game and I tried removing my mods folder. Still nothing. 

Please advise.

Message 2 of 15 (1,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot connect to the gallery

★★★ Apprentice

So update. 

I contacted EA and they sent me a very long list of things to try, some of which I had done before. What worked for me was following the instructions here regarding Ccleaner: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/ 

I am back in business. 

View in thread

Message 12 of 15 (1,619 Views)

All Replies

Connection issues with new patch

★★★★★ Novice

The new patch just installed and now my game will not connect. I restarted my computer and the game still will not connect. I cannot get to the gallery or even my library. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 15 (1,344 Views)

@oxfordsplice  Does your computer run Windows or macOS, and do you have the standard version of Sims 4 or the Legacy Edition?  Is Origin working normally, or does it run only in offfline mode, or maybe throw another connection error?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 15 (1,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

O/S is Windows 7

Standard version of Sims 4 as far as I know.

As far as I can tell Origin is working normally--and I am to be in online mode. 

Also checked my options in game for online. That's checked.

Message 4 of 15 (1,358 Views)

@oxfordsplice  Please check whether you're running the standard version: Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and make sure the 64-bit version is selected.

Also under Game Properties, make sure Origin in-game is enabled.  And check the global setting as well.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings, and look under the Origin in-game header.

If neither of these is the issue, try clearing Internet Explorer's cache, as well as the cache of your default browser.  Sometimes Origin uses IE's resources, even if you never do.  And the patch today fixed a Gallery issue for Mac users, so perhaps your data needs to be refreshed.

Message 5 of 15 (1,341 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue. Never had this issue before, only after this update. I tried all the suggested steps from older forums, nothing works.

Message 6 of 15 (1,338 Views)

@kramer3410  Please let me know what OS you have—Windows or Mac, and which version—as well as whether any of the steps in my last post help.

Message 7 of 15 (1,330 Views)

@mdkisrow  I've merged your post into another thread on the same issue.  Please let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS, and which version.  If Windows, please try the steps in post 5 in this thread and let me know whether any of them help.

Message 8 of 15 (1,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict 

I am definitely running the 64 bit version--checked the way you suggested. Also checked the other two options and they show as checked.

I had recently cleared out caches and cookies but I did that again for all three of the browsers I have on my PC. No luck. 

I have restarted the router a few times because it looks like for me to open a case that may be a step, although frankly everything else they want me to do seems beyond my capabilities.

Anything else you can suggest?

Message 9 of 15 (1,289 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue here, never had this happen before. Running normal version, Windows 8.1.

Message 10 of 15 (1,254 Views)