Re: Cannot change natural born teen eye color

by MsNevaMoore

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot change natural born teen eye color

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello. I recently aged up my child sim into a teen and tried using the cas.fulleditmode cheat to change her appearance. I could change everything but the eye color, for which the color options didn't show up. The teen is a spellcaster, so I don't know if this is related to the issue with spellcaster eyes not working, but I can change the eye color for the mother, who is a spellcaster, just fine. I tried changing her both through the manage household menu and the cheats menu but neither work.

This issue persisted even after I removed my mods. I also tried to repair the game, but that didn't fix it. 

Message 1 of 13 (2,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@MsNevaMoore Did you also remove the cache files after removing the Mods? Do you have any CC? Please try the following to see if it helps:
Try moving your Mods folder to your desktop (this way the game will create a clean, fresh folder) and delete the localthumbnailcache.package file, plus delete any other folder in the "The Sims 4” folder with the word 'cache' in the title.

Also, please check this bug report to see if you think it's related to your issue. If it is you can post there, and we can even check on merging this post into that one if you think it's the same thing and you let us know here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-V-Born-Spellcasters-don-t-have-Occult-Face/m-p...

Please let us know how it goes.

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (2,553 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@MsNevaMoore Did you also remove the cache files after removing the Mods? Do you have any CC? Please try the following to see if it helps:
Try moving your Mods folder to your desktop (this way the game will create a clean, fresh folder) and delete the localthumbnailcache.package file, plus delete any other folder in the "The Sims 4” folder with the word 'cache' in the title.

Also, please check this bug report to see if you think it's related to your issue. If it is you can post there, and we can even check on merging this post into that one if you think it's the same thing and you let us know here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-V-Born-Spellcasters-don-t-have-Occult-Face/m-p...

Please let us know how it goes.

Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

Message 2 of 13 (2,554 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I do have CC and I did not delete the cache. I will try your suggestions when I get home.

As for the bug report, I don't think it is the same thing. For them, they still had human eye color options. I had none. I didn't check for facial features, but I will do that later as well.

Also my sim was born a human with the Weak Bloodline trait. I cheated them to be a spellcaster when they were a child sim.

Message 3 of 13 (2,539 Views)

Champion

@MsNevaMoore Thanks for the update!

When you try the directions please make sure you drag the whole Mod folder to the desktop so that your CC is also removed (plus saved for later and testing on your desktop), so the game makes the new clean folder... plus remove the cache per directions before re-starting the game. That's the only way we can find out if the Mod remnants or the CC was/is affecting it.

I look forward to your update on how it goes!

Message 4 of 13 (2,522 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This appears to have been a mod issue, because clearing my cache and removing my mods folder worked Standard smile

I added back my CC and it all works perfectly. Thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 13 (2,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MsNevaMoore  You are so welcome! Happy simming! 

Message 6 of 13 (2,506 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Do you know which mod was the one causing the issue? I have the exact same problem in my game: new aged-up teen spellcaster, but no ability to change her eye color (no swatches or categories to select eye colors for it show up, only the shape of the eye) while the rest of the family is just fine.

I'll of course try a 50/50 tactic too, but knowing even just the type of mod (was it a cas mod like cc eye colors or a gameplay mod, etc.) that was bugging yours could help save me some time <3

Message 7 of 13 (2,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MsNevaMoore Could you possibly list the mods you removed for @xxamity0parkxx? This would help our to see which Mods are in common (please see the comment here by xxamity0parkxx). Thanks!

Message 8 of 13 (2,473 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did a 50/50 through my mods and found the culprit - apparently it was a default replacement mod for human eyes that was the issue (specifically plumbobjam's open up your eyes human defaults).

I'm guessing the mod broke after the last patch when the spellcaster eyes were updated, which somehow prevented the entire eye color category from appearing in CAS.

Vampire eye defaults, pet eye defaults, and alien eye defaults were all okay though - just the human ones had issues for me. So if anyone has this issue too, I'd say check up on any def-replacement eyes for humans ya got. Hope that helps! <3

Message 9 of 13 (2,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@xxamity0parkxx Yes, that helps a lot! I expect, as you mentioned, there may be others who will read this thread in search of answers and will appreciate very much that you were thoughtful enough to share your findings here. Thank you!! 

Message 10 of 13 (2,444 Views)