Re: Cannot buy game pack in my country

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Cannot buy game pack in my country

★ Novice

Hello,

I am trying to buy Sims 4 Dine Out and I am blocked everywhere from Origin to Amazon. My card cannot be verified on Origin, my region is not supported for Dine Out on Amazon.uk, my EA wallet does not exist. Am I unable to buy this game pack because I live in Slovenia, EU? I already own the base game, Get Together, Get to Work and City Living. Needless to say this issue is making me sad and disappointed. Can you please help?

Message 1 of 4 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]

@gatto-mis  Is there another Amazon storefront that could sell you the pack?  If not, do you have a friend in another country who could buy it for you?  Amazon digital codes generally require the buyer to link to an Origin account, so this kind of purchase would need to go through your own Amazon account, but a box with a product code inside (or even a disc, if those still exist) could be bought anywhere and registered to any account regardless of location.

I haven't heard anything about a region block in Slovenia and don't see any reason you shouldn't be able to buy Sims 4 content.  Normally I'd try to get a more official answer, but it'll be a few days before any EA employees are around.  If you still can't buy the pack by Monday, please post back and let me know.

Edit:  I don't know whether you can buy from newegg.com, but it's easy enough to try:

https://www.newegg.com/ea-the-sims-4-dine-out-pc/p/N82E16832101398

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (334 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your help @puzzlezaddict.

Amazon is a little tricky for some European countries. Only bigger neighbouring nations have websites, but I obviously don't want Sims in Italian, French or German. I am only saying this in hopes that EA sees this and facilitates purchases for countries like mine 😊

As for Dine Out, I just managed to buy the pack on Instant Gaming. It is already downloaded and installed. I can't wait to try it out 🥰

Thank you for your speedy reply.

Message 3 of 4 (321 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@gatto-mis 

All gamepacks use the same language as the base game. Besides all The Sims 4 sold in the EU is multilanguage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (311 Views)