by gvduck10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot access Sim on vacation/reverts to world select window

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff (last installed)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim attempt to go on vacation to Selvadorado from Wyndham
What happens when the bug occurs? World shows Sim on vacation in rental in Selvadorado, click lot, click play, screen loads, World (neighborhood) Select screen comes up. Cannot access Sim from her home lot, says she is on vacation. Selvadorado map shows her in rental lot. Click lot, click play, World (neighborhood) Select screen comes up. Infinite loop.
What do you expect to see? Should start vacation on rental lot with Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. EA most recent patch Nov. 2020

Sent Sim on Jungle vacation, shows her in rental lot (after selecting and picking # of days) but when trying to play it reverts back to Neighborhood (World) Select screen after loading. Tried to select rental lot and click end vacation but instead an endless loading screen pops up .

Message 1 of 24 (2,521 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot access Sim on vacation/reverts to world select window

★★★ Novice

I noticed I also couldn't go into the Selvadorado lots even in Build mode. So I scoured Origin until I found a Repair (game) option in the settings. Did that, and voila, problem resolved. So after three weeks, and zero help from the devs, I managed to fix the problem myself - now THAT is the type of top notch, players-before-profits level of customer service I have come to love and expect from EA. Kudos.

View in thread

Message 22 of 24 (3,306 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@gvduck10 Sounds like some kind of save game corruption. Do you have the same on a fresh save if you start one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (2,491 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried removing the EA files from docs and starting a fresh game and then pasted back in saves, screenshots, tray... and still same error. I cannot access this Sim at all now because her home lot shows her on vacation and the vacation lot - when you select Play - goes back to the World Select screen.

Message 3 of 24 (2,480 Views)

Hero
@gvduck10 Even on the new save or just that one save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict what do you mean "new save"? Are you saying I should start a new game and try again? That's not going to help me get back my Sim though... she's still stuck in purgatory
Message 5 of 24 (2,463 Views)

Hero
@gvduck10 One step of troubleshooting is to find out if it's a general issue and happens again on a new save or if it's just that one save

So testing a new save helps narrowing down if it's the save to concentrate on or the game itself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (2,458 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Started a brand new game, created a new sim, moved him into the Winderburg (or whatever it's called) and then sent him on jungle vacation and the exact same bug occured.
Message 7 of 24 (2,435 Views)

Hero
@gvduck10 Could you post some pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (2,430 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict do you one better since this will be your next ask. My Saves.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yxlfcg3su0znzai/saves.zip/file

see for yourself.
Message 9 of 24 (2,421 Views)

Hero
@gvduck10 Could you please upload it to google or one drive. I had too many virus warning on mediafire. Not using that anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (2,409 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help