Cannot Write Books (PC and PS4)

by lacourtastrophe

Original Post

Cannot Write Books (PC and PS4)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC and PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one (PC), Just Base Game (PS4)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to write a book at a computer. When you select the action it will immediately disappear. Repeat with every computer option, on public lots, and with brand new saves. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim's action immediately cancels and they cannot write. 
What do you expect to see? The sim should be able to select write book or continue writing book and the action carries out. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes (PC) but tested completely without them. No (PS4). 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after the February 25 update. 

Message 1 of 8 (440 Views)

Re: Cannot Write Books (PC and PS4)

Hero
@lacourtastrophe Can you write books if you sit down first and then try to write ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (416 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I cannot. I thought that maybe it was that small glitch, but it still didn't keep the action. 

I tried different chairs, dining tables vs desk, laptop vs computer. 

Message 3 of 8 (407 Views)

Hero
@lacourtastrophe Just tested and it works fine for me. I assume all other options on the computer work fine ?

When you starte a new save, did you also test a new Sim ? Are you using the same one on PS4 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (390 Views)

★★★ Novice

Correct- no other issues on computer. 

I've used completely new sims in new saves on both platforms. I literally can't figure out what would be causing it. 

In other news, an old, old, old save worked fine so I'll chalk it up to something has to be on my end. I'll keep fooling with things and see if it fixes itself. Many of my other glitches have ironed themselves out eventually. I didn't want to be a writer anyway 😂

Message 5 of 8 (363 Views)

Hero
@lacourtastrophe there's so many odd glitches with writing. Some can't resume books, others can't write without sitting down first and for you it didn't work at all. Weirdness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (356 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Personally, all the times I've seen where the sim won't sit and use the computer unless I make them sit first has always been because of something else on the desk. If I clear the desk (other than the computer obviously), it always worked for me.

Other than that, writing works fine. Just used it yesterday.
Message 7 of 8 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps Yes, that's my experience too although I've been able to replicate the resume writing on saves. Something IS still triggering that.

And stuff on the desk shouldn't block you from writing if everything else works (but there's a thread in the bug forum on that :D)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (322 Views)