by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Cannot Play My Game!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect my pets stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot load saved games at all, just continues to load on the blue plumbob screen. Cannot start a new game, screen goes black in CAS, icons in right hand corner are there but unresponsive.
What do you expect to see? A working game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch broke my game 24/7/2020. Was working absolutely fine before that.

N/a

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 2 (237 Views)

Re: Cannot Play My Game!

@to7m  Please try playing in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can load a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't load a new save, please repair the game in Origin—open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair—and try again.

If you still get a black screen, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (147 Views)