Cannot Launch Sims 4 CAS Demo

by BRIGHIDT

Original Post

Re: Cannot Launch Sims 4 CAS Demo

Hero

Did you try putting Origin in offline mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 24 (444 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had not, but it doesn't make a difference. Still goes to a black screen and hangs, before showing the ESRB screen.

Message 12 of 24 (442 Views)

Hero

Did it never work ? 

Maybe try  resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Should work the same way for the demo, you just need to rename the CAS demo folder instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 24 (439 Views)

★ Apprentice

I actually have the same issue with launching SimCity, the logo comes up, and hangs. I've been searching forums for suggestions on that, assuming they're connected, but so far no luck. I can launch older games through Origin, but they don't rely on Origin the way the new Sim games do. Guess I will try reinstall Origin, though other than launching those two games, it doesn't seem to be having any issues.

Message 14 of 24 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Renamed C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo, no change, reinstalled Origin over itself, no change. Can try an uninstall/reinstall of Origin, ulness I'm barking up the wrong tree with it possibly being Origin client related? 

It did work when I first downloaded it... usually took a couple of attempts, but if I kept trying, it would launch, and it ran fine once I was in. Origin has been updated twice since then. I don't believe I've been able to sucessfully launch since the first update.

Message 15 of 24 (437 Views)

Hero

If you have the same issue with SC, it does sound Origin related or maybe some program interfering.

Did you try starting windows in safe mode with just networking ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 24 (431 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had not tried safe mode with networking, because I'm apparently a dinosaur from the XP days when wireless connections didn’t work in safe mode with networking. That’s been added, awesome!

Unfortunately CAS Demo needs better display drivers than what load in safe mode. So couldn’t actually test that.

Message 17 of 24 (428 Views)

★ Apprentice

For the sake of troubleshooting, I've now disabled all startup items, and all services that aren't running in safemode with networking. Still hanging. I think it's safe to say it's not a conflict with other software that's running.

I'm down to hardware, or the executables involved. 

Message 18 of 24 (422 Views)

Hero

I'll ask around if someone else has some more ideas.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 24 (421 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've uninstalled Origin, rebooted, reinstalled it, still hanging. 

Last week I figured out how to install Windows Server 2012 on a version of VMWare ESXi that didn't support it. Now I can't figure out how to get a game demo running on a system that should run it fine. Getting a tiny bit frustrated. I really want to be able to enjoy Sims 4 when it comes out... I only hope I get the frustration dealt with before release.

Message 20 of 24 (416 Views)