Re: Cannot Launch Sims 4 CAS Demo

by rumbutter

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I've also run an sfc /scannow, just in case there were corrupt Windows dll's somewhere, it came up clean.

Message 21 of 24 (298 Views)

★ Apprentice

Figured it out, sorry to waste everyone's time.

I started trying to figure out what could possibly make my machine different from everyone else's. Software I have installed for work. The first thing that popped to mind after that realization, was in fact the culprit. Netmotion Mobility XE Client. It’s a secure VPN client. Apparently, even when it’s not running at all, it’s got hooks so deep in Windows networking stack it can break things… even when Origin is running offline.

Anyway, uninstalled that, now I can launch the CAS Demo, all is right with the world.

Thank you so much for helping crinrict and rumbutter. Since the problem seemed to be only me, I really should have thought of that sooner… I foolishly thought if it wasn’t running, it wasn’t the problem. Silly me.

Message 22 of 24 (494 Views)

Hero

Well, I'm glad you figured it out.

Enjoy the demo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 24 (279 Views)

Hero (Retired)

glad to hear yo figured it out and no my time wasn't wasted as others may have this issue too and your soloution may help them Standard smile

Message 24 of 24 (266 Views)