Cannot Get Gigs in Actor/Actress Career

by alilcoloredgirl

Original Post

Cannot Get Gigs in Actor/Actress Career

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim or choose a SIm you have, have them join the Actor/Actress Career, attempt to get a gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game allows you to select a gig, but then it never shows up in the career box. I noticed the issue yesterday night (6/19/20) because the Sim I was using graduated college, immediately joined the Actress career and got a gig, then moved out of her dorm to a house, and the gig was gone. When I attempt to choose ANY gig, it will not show up in the career box. I immediately went into a new household that hadn't been to college, was just a Sim I created with the intention of doing the same career, and that Sim also did not have the gig show up in their career box.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the gig show up in the career box, stating the audition time and the skills necessary for the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I occurred after the newest patch, the one that came out before or with Eco Lifestyle. I also have Eco Lifestyle downloaded.

I tried looking through the forum to see if anyone else was having this issue, but I wasn't seeing anything that was similar to what I was experiencing. I do have a lot of custom content in my game, and the actress career worked before the newest patch and before I downloaded Eco Lifestyle. I even downloaded custom content before Eco Lifestyle and the actress career worked so I'm sure it's not my mods but the actually game. 

Message 1 of 13 (643 Views)

Re: Cannot Get Gigs in Actor/Actress Career

Hero
@alilcoloredgirl Could you please test this without mods/cc installed. You're using them at your own risk and bugs reported in the bug forum always need tested on a vanilla game.

Mods do get outdated with patches

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (617 Views)

★★ Novice

I removed the mods folder and found that now a specific gig won't work? Apparently the Salty Suds gig won't work, but the other gigs do? I'm confused now lol

Message 3 of 13 (612 Views)

Hero
@alilcoloredgirl Did you try the same Sim or a different one ?

Could you test a fresh one to see if you have the same issue ? Maybe even on a test save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (582 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried to different sims, and did multiple gigs. The first Sim I tried couldn't get the Salty Suds gig, but 2 other gigs that I tried. The 2nd Sim I tried couldn't get the Salty Suds gig but did get another gig with same qualifications. Would you like to me see if there are other gigs that aren't working? Or do an entirely new save?

Message 5 of 13 (580 Views)

Hero
@alilcoloredgirl Best to create a new save that never had mods in and test if it works there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@alilcoloredgirl || Or it could just be that the specific gig you selected isn't working correctly at the moment. You said that the Salty Suds commercial gig wouldn't work, but the other gigs would, right? It could have something to do with just that specific gig not working at the moment. If the other gigs are working right, they to do those gigs for now, and avoid Salty Suds until it begins to work for you again.

Message 7 of 13 (529 Views)

★ Pro

Does this happen with every agency?

Message 8 of 13 (493 Views)

Hero
@lizbug56 Do you have issues with it as well ? I don't have time for testing currently so if more people say it doesn't work for them, there could be an issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@lizbug56Do you have issues with it as well ? I don't have time for testing currently so if more people say it doesn't work for them, there could be an issue,

@crinrict || No, I do not have issues with it, as I am a Mac user. Not PC. I just thought it would help for now until the issue is fixed.

Message 10 of 13 (435 Views)