Cannot Drag on CAS

by angelia0527

Original Post

Cannot Drag on CAS

★★ Novice

I noticed this glitch in about April, and after attempting to fix it and failing, I stopped playing the game until today. The glitch still occurs, however. Whenever I try to edit any part of a Sim in CAS, the cursor will "let go" while I'm still attempting to drag it and either zoom in or out in face detail mode. Every time I try to touch and edit any part of the Sim, it assumes that I'm clicking and I can very rarely get it to drag, and even then, after letting go, it still acts as if I have clicked. 

At first, I thought it might have been a mod or CC issue. With the folder completely removed, the glitch still occurred. I deleted cache files and repaired them game. So, I waited for the next updated. Nothing has helped and I can't find anyone with a similar issue online.

Message 1 of 4 (768 Views)

Re: Cannot Drag on CAS

@angelia0527  Your particular symptoms are unusual, but issues with clicking and dragging are often related to having an overlay running while you play.  So please disable any (Steam, Discord, etc.) you have.  Disable Origin in-game as well: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please try switching among fullscreen, windowed fullscreen, and windowed modes, and let me know whether any of them are better.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (731 Views)

★★ Novice

Switching to full screen didn't help and neither did turning off origin in game. I don't have steam or discord so those don't apply. The drag/click glitch also affects building, especially trying to drag walls.

Message 3 of 4 (699 Views)

@angelia0527  Please disable Game Bar, which is a Windows feature.  The option is under Settings > Gaming > Game Bar.

If that doesn't help, are you using a mouse or trackpad?  Can you test with a different mouse?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (677 Views)