Cannot Download Holiday Celebration Pack for Daughter's Underage Account

by eedemirovic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Download Holiday Celebration Pack for Daughter's Underage Account

★★★ Newbie

I really wish there was a game code for the Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack. I cannot install it on my daughter's game because her account is underage and there is no way other than game codes to install expansions and game pack free or otherwise. This is too limiting! Parent's should be able to download content for their children's Origin accounts.

Message 1 of 9 (3,078 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Download Holiday Celebration Pack for Daughter's Underage Account

EA app Team

Hi @eedemirovic,

I'm going to mark this thread as solved because of what I told you on my Private Message.

For everyone wondering the same - please, contact one of our advisers through EA Help. You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact them if you need it here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (3,311 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @eedemirovic,

For packs that are not free, as you probably already know, you can get the codes by purchasing them in stores.

For The Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack, that's actually a good question. I'll try to look into this. You can also contact one of our advisors through EA Help, and ask them about it.

Thanks, and welcome to the community,

-Mai

Message 2 of 9 (3,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Mai! Thank you for looking into this! My daughter's account name is EllaBellaSerena. 

Message 3 of 9 (3,057 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @eedemirovic,

I'm going to mark this thread as solved because of what I told you on my Private Message.

For everyone wondering the same - please, contact one of our advisers through EA Help. You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact them if you need it here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 9 (3,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I¨m having the same problem and wondering what the solution was. Can I buy a game online and transfer it to my childs account?

I cannot in any way understand why its so diffucult to buy a game for your child...........

Message 5 of 9 (3,002 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@albefdf

The solution to that is like @EA_Mai wrote to purchase it in a store.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 9 (2,996 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @albefdf,

Games can't be transferred from one account to another, and underage accounts can't use Origin store, but you can redeem codes on them. You can buy a digital download and use the code you receive in your child's account. I would recommend taking a look to this article for more information on where to buy games: Where to buy EA PC digital download games

You can also go to a physical store and buy a physical version of a The Sims game (either a disc or code in a box). These boxes include a code you can redeem in any Origin account, including underage accounts.

If you are asking about Holiday Stuff pack, please, contact one of our advisers through EA Help.

Let me know if you have any other questions Standard smile

Welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 7 of 9 (2,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Mai

Thank you for your answer. 

Yes I found a way to buy the expansions at cdkeys.com. My daughter would really like the christmas Holiday pach though. I strikes me as very odd, that she can't get it. I mean it's free and she is the age required for this pack.......

I will try EA Help, but still it should be easier - or am I very wrong?

Best regards

Kristoffer

Message 8 of 9 (2,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

I realise that this thread is a bit old now however it's the holiday season again and my daughter asked me to look into the free Holiday Celebration pack for her.  As per the advice here I contacted EA Support and the conclusion was this: An underage account cannot access the Origin store so cannot add the free pack themselves, the only way they can add games or expansion packs is by redeeming a code which you would get from purchasing the item via a retail outlet or online.  The problem is that as this expansion pack is free it is not sold anywhere and therefore no product/redemption code exists for it.

I asked the advisor to feedback to the relevant department that as the expansion is free then a "one code for everyone" code should be generated to allow underage accounts access to the content, especially at this time of year.  As the expansion is free and you need to have purchased the Sims 4 main game to use it there should be no financial impact to EA.  If the code were to be something like "FREE-HOLIDAY-CELEBRATIONS-PACK" then this would prevent unscrupulous people from trying to resell the code online to make a profit from a free item.

I know that a "one code for everyone" approach is possible because EA did it with the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection which was free up until October 12th, which is annoying because my daughter just asked for Sims 2 for Christmas and I missed out :D

Hope this helps anyone else looking to get this expansion.

Message 9 of 9 (2,643 Views)