Cannot Download From Sims 3 Store.

by Summerbear5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Download From Sims 3 Store.

★★★★★ Novice

I purchased some items on The Sims 3 Store and they will not download. The launcher keeps asking me to login but it's not logging me in fully or downloading the items. Is there maintenance going on or something wrong with the website? Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (1,863 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Download From Sims 3 Store.

@Summerbear5  Right, so you need to clean out the cache for Internet Explorer.  It doesn't matter that you use Chrome; the game and launcher use IE.

If clearing IE's cache doesn't help, go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and delete the file labeled [your email].bin, clear the cache again, and try to download something.  If that doesn't help either, pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents\EA, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and try yet again.

If none of this helps, try Firefox instead of Chrome.  Usually Chrome works okay, but it's not as compatible with the store as Firefox and IE.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,839 Views)

All Replies

@Summerbear5  I just tried downloading something and didn't have any trouble.  When the launcher login process isn't working, it usually helps to clear the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  (In macOS, the same principle applies, but for Safari and/or your default browser.)  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

You don't need to be signed into the launcher to download store content though.  What happens if you go through the store website?  Click Store > My Store Account > Purchase History, pick one item to test, and see whether it downloads.

Message 2 of 5 (1,853 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, I normally use Google Chrome which I had recently just cleaned out because I do maintain my computer. Everything was working fine yesterday it's just today I'm having an issue. 

I have my purchase history up and click download on an item...the launcher opens but then asks me to login. I put in my password and then it asks me again to login. It's like it stuck asking me to login and I know I'm using the right password. Also on the launcher my welcome window is blank and then when it does load it says the website failed to load or something along those lines.

Message 3 of 5 (1,849 Views)

@Summerbear5  Right, so you need to clean out the cache for Internet Explorer.  It doesn't matter that you use Chrome; the game and launcher use IE.

If clearing IE's cache doesn't help, go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and delete the file labeled [your email].bin, clear the cache again, and try to download something.  If that doesn't help either, pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents\EA, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and try yet again.

If none of this helps, try Firefox instead of Chrome.  Usually Chrome works okay, but it's not as compatible with the store as Firefox and IE.

Message 4 of 5 (1,840 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you @puzzlezaddict I cleared the cache on bother internet explorer/microsoft edge, and deleted my email from downloads and now it's working properly.

Message 5 of 5 (1,827 Views)