Re: Cannot Buy Lottery Ticket for Holiday Event

by crinrict

Original Post

Cannot Buy Lottery Ticket for Holiday Event

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Luxury Party Stuff, and Toddler Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the Lottery holiday come about and try to "participate" by buying a lottery ticket, either on the computer or on the phone.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim cannot buy a lottery ticket, not from the computer nor the phone.
What do you expect to see? I expect that my sim be able to buy a lottery ticket for the holiday event.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Cannot buy ticket 

Message 1 of 7 (2,926 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@AlorrinInk Check on the Holiday box that comes up, if it looks grayed out or dimmed that sim is ignoring the holiday tradition, hover over the grayed out lottery ticket for an explanation of why the sim is ignoring the lottery from traits to age requirement. Toddlers, Children and Teens ignore the Lottery tradition because they are still children.
Message 2 of 7 (2,901 Views)

Hero
@AlorrinInk Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (2,883 Views)

Hero
@AlorrinInk Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrict I had this exact same issue, removed ALL MODS and it still didn't appear, neither on cellphone nor on computer under household tab. they can only sing about lottery, complain about lottery and share lottery spirit or something to that extent but no purchase options.

Message 5 of 7 (2,294 Views)

Hero
@Chatani2408 When did you remove the mods ? During the event or before ? It's possible that remove mods doesn't help if the event is already ongoing.

I don't think there's a way to trigger the holiday so you might need to play without mods for a while to make sure it's not mod issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (2,273 Views)

★★ Novice

It is now 2023 and never before has my sim had this issue. I have no mods. Everything is up to date. 

Message 7 of 7 (884 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help