Canning station bug

by mishuxxs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Canning station bug

★★★★★ Novice

Recently I tried to use the canning station for the first time, so I made a jam. But when a sim tries to eat it with a toast or anything else, gets reset.

Message 1 of 3 (1,727 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Canning station bug

@mishuxxs  Before you do anything else, it would be a good idea to test the canning station with other sims, maybe in other saves, to make sure there isn't just a problem with this one sim.  If the others can use the canning station, you should do whatever you normally do to reset the individual sim.

Store content is not my area of expertise, but there are a couple of things you could try.  First, uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling the canning station might work.  (Be sure to remove the old download from your Downloads folder first.)  Check to make sure the store patches are present in your ContentPatch folder.  If they're not—you might only see a single empty folder inside—you can download the necessary files here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

It might also be that your ccmerged.package file in DCBackup has become corrupt.  The fix for this is to create a clean folder (by pulling your existing TS3 folder out of Documents and relaunching the game, letting a new folder spawn) and then redownloading all of your store content.  Once you've installed everything, you can replace your old ccmerged file with the one in the new folder and then replace the new TS3 folder with the old one.  If you go this route, you might as well replace your old store installed content with the new stuff as well.  Here's a more thorough tutorial:

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/

If this doesn't work, there is one last fix that might help.  You can copy your ccmerged file (use a new one so that you know it's not damaged) and place the copy in your Overrides folder inside Mods.  I don't think this will work unless you already have a mods setup, but it has helped some people.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,776 Views)

All Replies

@mishuxxs  Before you do anything else, it would be a good idea to test the canning station with other sims, maybe in other saves, to make sure there isn't just a problem with this one sim.  If the others can use the canning station, you should do whatever you normally do to reset the individual sim.

Store content is not my area of expertise, but there are a couple of things you could try.  First, uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling the canning station might work.  (Be sure to remove the old download from your Downloads folder first.)  Check to make sure the store patches are present in your ContentPatch folder.  If they're not—you might only see a single empty folder inside—you can download the necessary files here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

It might also be that your ccmerged.package file in DCBackup has become corrupt.  The fix for this is to create a clean folder (by pulling your existing TS3 folder out of Documents and relaunching the game, letting a new folder spawn) and then redownloading all of your store content.  Once you've installed everything, you can replace your old ccmerged file with the one in the new folder and then replace the new TS3 folder with the old one.  If you go this route, you might as well replace your old store installed content with the new stuff as well.  Here's a more thorough tutorial:

https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/

If this doesn't work, there is one last fix that might help.  You can copy your ccmerged file (use a new one so that you know it's not damaged) and place the copy in your Overrides folder inside Mods.  I don't think this will work unless you already have a mods setup, but it has helped some people.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,777 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Honestly I don't know what fixed it (I did the first and last suggestions) but now it's working. Thank you so much ♡♡♡
Message 3 of 3 (1,691 Views)