Re: Can you reset my Profile avatar to a Question mark?

by Danni95DG

Original Post

Can you reset my Profile avatar to a Question mark?

★★ Novice

Hi, I don't want to use any of the default avatars.  I was just fooling around and picked one; now I cannot remove or reset it back to none.  I don't want to upload my sim to the exchange either.  Is there as way to either reset my profile Avatar to the question mark, or upload my own photo avatar?  Please reset my Avatar to the default question mark.  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 11 (2,126 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ArcaneAutumn  You could upload a default picture you pick from browsing but to revert to no avatar I don't think that's a user option. The only way you may do it is to contact EA customer service - link - EA customer service  User accounts can not be accessed from these public forums. It's kind of like the windows user avatar - you get a default one and you can change it but there is no blank avatar.

Message 2 of 11 (2,101 Views)

★ Guide

Hello, ArcaneAutumn.

There's no official way to upload a single photo. The only thing you can do instead is to upload your Sim but editing its photo so you can use it once it's uploaded. In fact you can upload any random Sim and switch its photo to any photo you want to. I think you could do it with Sims 3 Exchange Image Changer -or something like that-. I cannot link the program, but you can Google it easily Wink

Good luck!

Message 3 of 11 (2,096 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Danni, Thank you for the info; I'll give it a try, and check out that program too!  I appreciate it, thanks again!  Standard smile 

~Michael 

Message 4 of 11 (2,089 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ArcaneAutumn @Danni95DG  You have to post so many posts to become a member then you can upload a picture from your computer. Until then you are restricted to the default avatars provided.

Message 5 of 11 (2,088 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Roberta, I didn't see any option to change the photo to your own photo; like an upload option.  I do understand, but seems like they only say you can change it when you upload your sims.  Thanks for replying!  Standard smile 

~Michael 

Message 6 of 11 (2,083 Views)

★★ Novice

Ah okay, but is that on Origin or the Sims profile thing?  Because Origin has it's own Avatar thing too.  Thanks again,

~Michael 

Message 7 of 11 (2,078 Views)

★ Guide
My answer was for The Sims 3 page Wink
Message 8 of 11 (2,072 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay cool, just wondering what Roberta was referring too.  Thanks,

~Michael 

Message 9 of 11 (2,059 Views)

★ Guide
I think it was about Answers HQ Standard smile
Message 10 of 11 (2,046 Views)