Re: Can you just activate my game from your end EA?

by hycinthus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can you just activate my game from your end EA?

★★ Apprentice

I have been receiving, "Unable to connect to EA servers to activate the Sims 4. Please try again later" for 3 days now, and many people too.  And since this game only require online for that activation, can you do it from your side?

I'd be happy to provide you my game code that I purchased, the receipt, everything legitimately bought.  I have nothing to hide. Please just activate it from your side and then I can start playing.

I don't know why it's harder to playa  legitimately bought game.

Message 1 of 5 (298 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

This solution worked for me

I opened internet explorer and went to the Origin website but did not login. I clicked the little gear wheel in the top right corner of the browser.

Click Internet Options

Click Security Tab

Click Trusted Sites

Click Sites in the little box

A window popped up & had the origin web address in the 'add this website to the zone' box.

Click Add

Click Close

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (267 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try opening up the ports to use Origin: you can see them here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/

If you still have further problem activating the game you might consider contact an EA Advisor:

http://help.ea.com/contact-us

then you can create a new conversation with an EA advisor by clicking "New Conversation".

Then you have to select the product you want help with, the platform and the topic

When you have done that you need to select the method to make contact with EA

The available methods depend time of day, time of week and holidays in the country selected in the selector in the top right corner:

Changing the above language to United States or similar can sometime make live chat appear if it's not available in your country.

I hope this guide helps you properly contact a EA representative.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 5 (294 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have done that 4 times, the first time they closed my case even before it got fixed.

The second time, the chat opened, with Jan, and she did not reply at all.

The third time it's saying 5 minutes, but it's been an hour.

Now I'm waiting for the 4th time.

Message 3 of 5 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@hycinthus wrote:

I'd be happy to provide you my game code that I purchased, the receipt, everything legitimately bought.  I have nothing to hide. Please just activate it from

no this is a public forum never ever post codes email address's phone numbers on public forums

see if anything in crins post here can help

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/MY-SIMS-4-CAS-DEMO-DOESN-T-COME-UP-AT-ALL/m-p/3324155/highlight/...

Message 4 of 5 (286 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This solution worked for me

I opened internet explorer and went to the Origin website but did not login. I clicked the little gear wheel in the top right corner of the browser.

Click Internet Options

Click Security Tab

Click Trusted Sites

Click Sites in the little box

A window popped up & had the origin web address in the 'add this website to the zone' box.

Click Add

Click Close

Message 5 of 5 (268 Views)