Can we share from afar?

by lil-charlie1994

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can we share from afar?

★★★ Newbie

My sister and I last played the Sims when it was brand new.

We want to buy the new version, but we would preferably like to share it. From what we've been told, we can make separate households in-game and that's great, but we live temporarily away from each other for University.

Is it possible to install the game on two PCs, sharing the same account / be able to access all households? Or do we have to pay for two copies? 

Message 1 of 4 (341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can we share from afar?

Hero (Retired)
@lil-charlie1994

It is possible but not recommended. Each of you would have other saves and other families in these saves because your saves are related to the computer. In addition, you could not play at the same time in any case. Only one person can use the account at the same time. Simultaneous attempt to log in to the same account may result in blocking this account. Then none of you could use it.
So it's probably better to buy a second game so that each of you would have a separate account.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (325 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@lil-charlie1994

It is possible but not recommended. Each of you would have other saves and other families in these saves because your saves are related to the computer. In addition, you could not play at the same time in any case. Only one person can use the account at the same time. Simultaneous attempt to log in to the same account may result in blocking this account. Then none of you could use it.
So it's probably better to buy a second game so that each of you would have a separate account.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@kreatora 

Thank you for your reply!

In that case we can get separate games, but would it be possible to share a household somehow? Or even have sims move over from one account to another?

As kids we loved building the houses together, you see, and while we're still willing to buy the game without the ability to share, we're very much interested in sharing a household for this reason. It's just the logistics since we're in two different universities, but now that it's all online, there might be some leeway somewhere lol

Message 3 of 4 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lil-charlie1994 

There is not the slightest difficulty in sharing your sims or houses. You or your sister will upload what you create to the Gallery. Knowing your sister's nickname you will find it easily in the Gallery and download it from there. In this case, the Gallery can be used as a mailbox.

Message 4 of 4 (299 Views)