Can the Tragic Clown, as a playble Sim, ever get a girl/boyfriend?

by Player_jp5s5eav

Original Post

Can the Tragic Clown, as a playble Sim, ever get a girl/boyfriend?

★ Guide

I'm still a newbie, but have been having a blast experimenting. Experimenting with the Tragic Clown thing has led to a lot of fun discoveries - strangely most of the ones who appeared were female and all of them were either mean or evil. Disappointed Finally, after combined experiments with Adding to the Household, the Cowplant and meeting the Grim Reaper a few times, we wound up meeting a male Tragic Clown who had all good traits. Wow, an actual good clown... (So, are all female ones evil by this game's standards then?)

So, after realizing his true plight (look at the "Sonny Mascot" work days and hours...) and having become good friends with him, we "adopted" the bloke. It was all fine and well, but when we take in Tragic Clowns, they usually stay Tragic Clowns- 'cause all the ones before were just evil, mean, kelptomaniac (both my Sims are collectors), insane (not a bad thing, but still) and children haters... So, being the lover of pathetic characters that I am, our poor foundling is a Tragic Clown whenever he is is Everyday Wear, but is his "true form" when it comes to anything else: work, formal, sleep, party, pool...

Admittedly, some of this decision was also because the "Adopters" are a mother and a daughter and the Tragic Clown is the same age as the daughter. I figured, less worries of a romantic relationship somehow occurring between them. Welp, I was wrong. I wound up finding the poor bloke really fun to watch and actually feel compassion for him when he's in his original form and feeling all good about himself only to have something occur to make him go into sad clown-mode again. (Dang, I'm evil when it comes to fictional characters...) So, yeah... I caved in and if my daughter or the "new ward" got in a flirty mood and had a whim to flirt with each other, I allowed it since it was simple things like: blow a kiss, flirt, compliment looks...

Before I know it, through auto-interaction their romance level has grown substantially... to the point where when I had him actually try to be romantic with her when in Tragic Clown mode, she reciprocated! Confused (Who is laughing now? Okay, I actually did laugh... holy, it was hilarious... I'm a bad father...)

Well, they have pretty much reached the point on their own that their friendship and romance is equal, but as the "father", I decided the only way they will date is if she accepts the question when he asks in Tragic Clown mode - after all, he's managed to get a lot of romance done even when he's in that form. Raised eyebrow So far, it always ends in embarrassed interaction.

So, is it impossible for a playable Tragic Clown to get a girlfriend or boyfriend without forcing it with some sort of a cheat or having him in his regular civilian mode? (Just curious to know if this is as far as they can go - don't need my daughter to be a frivolous flirt with the poor boy. I'm not raising my daughter to be a cruel tease. *Shakes fist*)

Message 1 of 1 (1,903 Views)