Can't work at the hospital since last update 11/10 - Get to work issue

by louXvelvet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't work at the hospital since last update 11/10 - Get to work issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I have an issue since last update (11/10)

I can't get to work at the hospital, it brings me on this screen (willow creek hospital). I can move to the hospital building just next to this view but it still empty (no staff). I see the tasks I have to make, but can't see my sim, neither bring her ! Unplayable.

image link

- Scientist lab is working fine (just tested)
- No mod , no CC
- Already repaired the game 5 times

- Windows pc

- "-nosound" activated since I can't play without since the update

Don't know what to do anymore, need help please ,

Lou

Message 1 of 7 (414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't work at the hospital since last update 11/10 - Get to work issue

Hero
@louXvelvet I tested your save and that is really a weird issue.

The problem is that your Sim gets spawn into a very weird corner of the actual hood cause there's a door there. If you scroll around a bit you will find the hospital lot. I have no idea how the door got to that corner though

There seems no one spawning on it though cause I think they're all spawning somewhere they shouldn't and get stuck there. There's some other oddities in the world which make me thing something corrupted the world.

Have you ever used set as head and moved around with a door or any other explanation what the door does there ?

There might be a way to delete the door and if you want I can look into it further but since the world looks broken as a whole, I would suggest, removing the pack, saving the save under a new name without the pack installed and then reinstall the pack.

This has of course a few downside as that all your Sims in active careers, any retail stores you build (save those to the library first if you want to go that route). and other stuff from the pack will be remove and you have to re-do them.

Let me know what you want to do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (351 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@louXvelvet Does it work if you start a fresh save for testing purposes ? Are you gettin any lastexception files in your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (398 Views)

★★ Novice

It works fine on a fresh new save. Thank you @crinrict !
Is there a way to bring the hospital back on my previous save ?

No lastexception file created with this problem

Message 3 of 7 (388 Views)

Hero
@louXvelvet Sounds like something corrupted then

If you want to send me your save, I can take a look

Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (379 Views)

Hero
@louXvelvet I tested your save and that is really a weird issue.

The problem is that your Sim gets spawn into a very weird corner of the actual hood cause there's a door there. If you scroll around a bit you will find the hospital lot. I have no idea how the door got to that corner though

There seems no one spawning on it though cause I think they're all spawning somewhere they shouldn't and get stuck there. There's some other oddities in the world which make me thing something corrupted the world.

Have you ever used set as head and moved around with a door or any other explanation what the door does there ?

There might be a way to delete the door and if you want I can look into it further but since the world looks broken as a whole, I would suggest, removing the pack, saving the save under a new name without the pack installed and then reinstall the pack.

This has of course a few downside as that all your Sims in active careers, any retail stores you build (save those to the library first if you want to go that route). and other stuff from the pack will be remove and you have to re-do them.

Let me know what you want to do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (352 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello and thank you very much again for your help @crinrict 

I've just tried to uninstall get to work, copy the saves, launch the game, quit, repair all game files, reinstall the expansion and it seems to work finally ! Party hat

No more weird door (don't even know where it came from... never used as head ... very weird), my sims is getting at the hospital and pnj are back too.

You're the best, thank you for your patience and skills

have a nice week,

Lou

Message 6 of 7 (328 Views)

Hero
@louXvelvet Glad to hear that was a route to take for you.

Thanks for the feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (306 Views)