Can't wash clothes after latest patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except eco living, Strangerville & then Stuffpacks i HAVE are my 1st pets, toddlers, movie night, laundry, cool kitchen,vintage glamour, backyard stuff & spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim try to do laundry from the hamper to the washing machine or wash tub.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you put dirty washing into the machine, there is no option to wash (Not even greyed out) but you have the options to unload and move... and unload and set down as the clothing is clean and dry. When you unload to washing line or set down, the clothing then shows as used and dry.
What do you expect to see? Washable filthy clothes & the ability to wash them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes after the 10th June 2020 "Eco" patch

All photos are of the same laundry "Pile"

Message 1 of 19 (3,289 Views)

Re: Can't wash clothes after latest patch

Champion (Retired)

@LisaLadybirD82 

If you take clothes from the hamper do you then have the option to wash it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 19 (3,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen  Taking from the hamper (Oops forgot a pic) There is the option to add to the washing machine (Used & dry)

Message 3 of 19 (3,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@LisaLadybirD82 

And when you click the washer is there an option to start washing? (there must be clothes in it).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 19 (3,242 Views)

★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen  One of the pictures shows the washing machine options with the clothes in.

Message 5 of 19 (3,238 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LisaLadybirD82 

Yes, but I asked for clothes taken from the hamper

Message 6 of 19 (3,236 Views)

★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen I answered both your questions directly after you asking .
Sorry, but just...look above

Message 7 of 19 (3,228 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LisaLadybirD82 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

Message 8 of 19 (3,181 Views)

★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen As per my initial post - I  don't do mod's.

Message 9 of 19 (3,179 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LisaLadybirD82 

Please try with a dryer.

Message 10 of 19 (3,150 Views)