Re: The Sims 3 Store

by EA_Mai

Original Post

★ Novice

I've tried it on my laptop with the same result.

Message 11 of 18 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Mai I discovered the problem for both around the same time, which was this weekend. First I saw that I couldn't download CAW. Then I saw that my purchase history was missing and that I kept having issues logging in to various parts of the site. 

I tried all day yesterday and today to see if AVG, my antivirus, was causing the problem but I had the same issues after I uninstalled it. 

Message 12 of 18 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks for checking @thesims1depot.

@locustgate @thesims1depot, you are using the same account to post here on Answers HQ and in thesims3.com, right?

Message 13 of 18 (911 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Mai wrote:

Thanks for checking @thesims1depot.

@locustgate @thesims1depot, you are using the same account to post here on Answers HQ and in thesims3.com, right?

Yes, it's the exact same account.

The funny thing about all this is that I was able to access the store last Thursday. Then the problem seemed to have started Saturday. 

Message 14 of 18 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks @thesims1depot. It's definitely strange.

When you tried in the different devices, were you using the same Internet connection with all of them? If so, could you try to access your Purchase History using another Internet connection? (For example, from your phone if you have mobile data)

-Mai

Message 15 of 18 (893 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@locustgate @thesims1depot  I go to thesims3.com and go to games/tools/Create A World and the CAW page opens. I then click EULA and the download buttons light up. I click the download for version 1.69 and the installer (ts3caw.exe 171Mb) downloads to the folder directed by the browser I am using. As other browsers have been tried I would suspect an operating system issue or an ISP issue. I can even download the caw installer to my Ubuntu computer. Obviously CAW installer won't run on Ubuntu because Ubuntu is Linux. It is interesting to note that my Ubuntu does not have Origin nor the game installed and I can still download the CAW installer. Right now I think this may be a firewall issue, or a folder attributes issue (administrator rights), or an ISP issue (blocking ethernet ports). Is it possible to try a different ISP? There are so many hot spots today. Take a laptop (and a 6 pack - only if your over 21) to a friend's house. I used to go to the library. Some modems and routers are coming with firewalls today as well as your computer.

Message 16 of 18 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Mai Yes, I was using the same internet connection. Based on what I read elsewhere, I think I'm going to try the suggestion of switching off my router overnight, then powering it back on in the morning to get a new IP address.

@roberta591  Thanks. Your response about my ISP made me do research about this situation. Someone at my ISP's forums had a similar situation awhile ago (with a completely different site) and was told to power off their router overnight then turn it back on in the morning to get a new ISP address because their current address  may have been put on a BOGON list.

Message 17 of 18 (878 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Mai

@roberta591

@Catlee2

Well, it looks like everything's okay now. I unplugged my router overnight, turned it back on this morning and got a new IP address. I can now access all parts of Sims 3 now, including my purchase history. When you mentioned that there might be something fishy going on with the connection itself, I went to my ISP's forums to do some digging and learned that my IP address might have been on a BOGON list. 

I am now realizing how this may have started. Saturday, my router lost connection to the internet for a minute or two. I am guessing that when it reconnected, I got the new IP address that caused all the trouble.

Anyway, thanks for all of your help and patience in trying to solve this very strange issue. (I've never in 20 years encountered anything like this before.)

@locustgate If nothing has worked for you so far, unplug your router before you go to bed, then turn it and your computer back on to get a new IP address. See if that helps. 

Message 18 of 18 (1,232 Views)