Can't view purchase history to redownload DLC I purchased

by thesims1depot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't view purchase history to redownload DLC I purchased

★★ Guide

I have to redownload Sims 3 store content because I just reinstalled my game on a new hard drive. Well, I can't access my purchase history. I keep getting an error page. It's not an emergency for me personally. It's just that I need reassurance that someone is aware of and working on this issue. 

Message 1 of 18 (643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Store

★★ Guide

@EA_Mai

@roberta591

@Catlee2

Well, it looks like everything's okay now. I unplugged my router overnight, turned it back on this morning and got a new IP address. I can now access all parts of Sims 3 now, including my purchase history. When you mentioned that there might be something fishy going on with the connection itself, I went to my ISP's forums to do some digging and learned that my IP address might have been on a BOGON list. 

I am now realizing how this may have started. Saturday, my router lost connection to the internet for a minute or two. I am guessing that when it reconnected, I got the new IP address that caused all the trouble.

Anyway, thanks for all of your help and patience in trying to solve this very strange issue. (I've never in 20 years encountered anything like this before.)

@locustgate If nothing has worked for you so far, unplug your router before you go to bed, then turn it and your computer back on to get a new IP address. See if that helps. 

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (1,203 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't view purchase history to redownload DLC I purchased

Hero (Retired)

@thesims1depot  I just tried thesims3.com - store - purchase history and was able to log in. Did you try a different browser?

Message 2 of 18 (631 Views)

★★ Guide

@roberta591 wrote:

@thesims1depot  I just tried thesims3.com - store - purchase history and was able to log in. Did you try a different browser?

This is happening on Chrome, FF and Internet Explorer. I just keep getting this message, "Our site appears to be down right now. Don’t worry, we have one of our best people working on it."

I don't really need this fixed right now. It's just that I'm getting nervous that I no longer have access to any of the stuff I purchased.

Message 3 of 18 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @thesims1depot,

First make sure you have the latest update/patch version on your launcher since you re-installed the game. Mine says: Version 169.43.024**

I have this happen sometimes too and even though I use Google Chrome to get into everything  (I still have IE on my computer) this seems to work for me:

A) Log out of your Sims 3 Launcher/game and Log out of the Sims 3 online site (store, my page, etc.) and if you have Origin Close that out.

B) If you have IE on your computer: Pull it up, go into the tools drop down menu, then go to safety, then delete browsing history. (Even though I do not use it, there always seems to be stuff it deletes) I always choose these to delete:

(1) Temp Internet Files & Website Data

(2) Cookies & Website Data

3) History

(4) Download History

C) Then I next, go into my Security Software and do a "File Cleanup" under the Performance section. (Even though I just did delete on IE itself, my security software finds stuff to delete on IE that the IE delete tool left on)

This is what my security software deletes: (it also has a Firefox option too - but I do not use Firefox)

1) Windows Temp Files

2) IE Temp Files

Then I log back into Origin and open up the Sims 3 game launcher. It will then let me log in and everything works.

Let me know if that works - I hope it does

Message 4 of 18 (621 Views)

★★ Guide

@Catlee2 Thanks for your help but there seems to be something larger going on because I encountered the exact same problem using three different browsers on my laptop and tablet. So I can't see anything regardless of what system I am on or what browser I am using. 

Message 5 of 18 (602 Views)

★ Guide

I am sorry to hear that did not help - I have the same screen shot saved from when it was happening to me. Hopefully someone that has a different idea to try will reply to your post also. Otherwise the only other thing I can suggest is try contacting the EA customer support live chat or call in option.

hey @roberta591 do you have any ideas or suggestions? (he comes up with some good solutions) Standard smile

Message 6 of 18 (594 Views)

★★ Guide

@Catlee2 wrote:

I am sorry to hear that did not help - I have the same screen shot saved from when it was happening to me. Hopefully someone that has a different idea to try will reply to your post also. Otherwise the only other thing I can suggest is try contacting the EA customer support live chat or call in option.

hey @roberta591 do you have any ideas or suggestions? (he comes up with some good solutions) Standard smile

No, it's okay. Both of your responses were very helpful and even if they didn't help me, they will definitely help someone else with a similar issue. 

I think I'm going to take a look at my antivirus. I just discovered about an hour ago that it was creating some very odd problems with my games. I also noticed that it looked very different from the version I had on my old hard drive, like they might have just rolled out a brand new update or version before I got my new drive. So this new version just might be the culprit in all this (I hope). If not, I'll contact EA CS as you suggested. 

Message 7 of 18 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having the same problem I even cleared internet cache with cc cleaner and 3 different browsers, internet explored, edge, and firefox. Tried reseting internet explorer. I'm unable to log in to game or store, some times I can get to the purchase history and download the 1st page but any attempt to go to the next page or expand the item count on the page ends with a 'store is down' message.

EDIT: This has been going on for at least a week.

Message 8 of 18 (589 Views)

★★ Guide

@locustgate wrote:

I'm having the same problem I even cleared internet cache with cc cleaner and 3 different browsers, internet explored, edge, and firefox. Tried reseting internet explorer. I'm unable to log in to game or store, some times I can get to the purchase history and download the 1st page but any attempt to go to the next page or expand the item count on the page ends with a 'store is down' message.

EDIT: This has been going on for at least a week.

It looks like you are having the same problem as I am. I am unable to log in or access parts of the Sims 3 site. I get an "invalid login info" message when I enter my details or keep getting logged out of certain pages. I thought my antivirus may have been the issue but now that you showed up I'm thinking that something is wonky on the back end. I've not only tried the site on my desktop, but tablet and laptop and it's the same issue. I've also tested using three different browsers and it's the same result. 

Maybe you could hit a "Me too" on my thread just to let them know that there's something larger going on: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Can-t-view-purchase-history-to-redownload-DLC-I-purchased/m-p/60...

Message 9 of 18 (579 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @locustgate,

I have merged your post into this thread, as it seems like the same issue. Please, let me know if your issue and @thesims1depot's are different. @locustgate, have you also tried with another computer?

@thesims1depot, thanks for reporting this, seems to be related to your problem to download the CAW tool also ( http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Can-t-log-in-to-download-CAW/td-p/6097114 ). Did you notice the issue when you opened the thread or has it been happening since before?

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 10 of 18 (568 Views)