Re: Can't upload lots to gallery

by kreatora

Original Post

Can't upload lots to gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I haven't been able to upload my lot to the gallery or save it to my library. I took my folder out of documents as well as my mods folder, tray files and save files, as well as moving a different sim into the lot but it didn't help. I'm able to upload households and rooms, but not a house. Also, I can't edit any of the boxes or anything. I get to the upload screen, but when I click the cloud button nothing happens. Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (1,468 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@kassiepayton

I understand that after removing the game folder from Documents you turned on the game and created a completely new game folder. New saves folder, new empty mods folder, new empty Tray, new settings and new empty caches.
But the house you created or the room in the new virgin safe also has this problem.
If so, you have only two options - repair the game in Origin
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

If it will not work you should reinstall the whole game

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 4 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for your time, but I’d like to clarify something. I tried repairing, but it didn’t work, so I have to reinstall, but I won’t be able to put old save files back in because they have the problem as well, correct? 

Message 3 of 4 (1,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@kassiepayton

So you created a new game folder and it doesn't work there either. Reinstalling the game is the last option.

You can try to paste the old saves folder and Tray folder into a new game folder and see if it will work. If it does not work, you will have to remove it
The old Tray folder - your library I'm sure will work. Paste the TrayDeleteItems file in a new folder also. If you will not do it,  you will have the library crammed with Maxis houses 

Message 4 of 4 (1,449 Views)