Re: Can't try for baby, woohoo, propose, etc.

by english_horse3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't try for baby, woohoo, propose, etc.

★★★ Novice

For a while now I haven't been able to do things such as try for baby, woohoo, propose, etc. Whenever I choose the option, it just force-closes the action, as if I had. It didn't really affect my game until now. I started the legacy challenge a few days ago, and I need to be able to do these things. I have found other people who have had this problem, they removed their mods folder and all was well. I followed this instruction, and it worked. Therefore, I know something in my mods folder is effecting the game. Every time I remove my mods folder to do propose, etc., everything in my house disappears, including my sim's clothing. (I use only/mostly cc to decorate my houses and sims). Even though it solves my problem, it's a real hassle because it takes me a long time to redecorate and add all of the clothing back. I know that something is wrong in my mods folder, but I don't know how to find the problem. Is there any other way besides moving the folder to my desktop?

Message 1 of 11 (4,753 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Take out half and try. If it works you know the problem is in the other half. So add half of that and test again.

If it fails remove half and test. Continue until you have found what is causing it.

Look for an update from the author. In most cases it will be a mod that causes it. It is less likely for CC to cause this so I would test any mods you may have first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (6,359 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Take out half and try. If it works you know the problem is in the other half. So add half of that and test again.

If it fails remove half and test. Continue until you have found what is causing it.

Look for an update from the author. In most cases it will be a mod that causes it. It is less likely for CC to cause this so I would test any mods you may have first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 11 (6,360 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do you remove a mod? (Sorry if it's a dumb question lol) I only have 2 in my game.

Message 3 of 11 (4,737 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Either delete it from your Mods folder or move it to another temporary folder for testing purposes. For instance on your desktop.

Message 4 of 11 (4,735 Views)

★★★ Novice

I checked my mods, neither of which made a difference. I will check my CC now.

Message 5 of 11 (4,732 Views)

★★★ Novice

It took all day but it worked! Thank you Standard smile

Message 6 of 11 (4,721 Views)

★ Novice
Which mod are cc was causing it I'm having the same problem an can't figure it out
Message 7 of 11 (4,415 Views)

Hero

Mostly any mods that change relationship/woohoo behavior.

The 50/50 Method explained here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content is the fastest way to find the mod that's causing it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (4,401 Views)

★ Novice
Wich mod u removed for itvto work r cc
Message 9 of 11 (4,389 Views)

★ Novice

Which mod did you remove because i'm having the same problem and to be honest I don't really feel like taking all day to find out Standard smile

Message 10 of 11 (2,424 Views)