Re: Can't travel or click on anything

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't travel or click on anything

★★ Novice

Hi! This is a problem I just started having today, I really hope there's a fix, because this is pretty much game breaking.

I was playing with one of my saves today when all of a sudden I couldn't have my sim travel home. I clicked on the phone, and then travel, and nothing would happen. Then I tried to click the send home button on his icon, and he did start going home, only once he was actually supposed to travel, the screen just went black. The game speed buttons, icons, phone, menu, etc were still there, but everything was black. I tried to exit the game and I realized that clicking on the menu wouldn't do anything either, no matter how much I clicked on it. Then, I decided to restart my game, hoping this would fix it. And.. it didn't. The problem was still there even when I restarted the game multiple times. I moved everything to a new save file, hoping this would fix it, which it did for a minute, but unfortunately it came back again. I'm on the latest patch, and, if this helps, the only household that seems to have this problem has triplet babies. Do I need to age them up into toddlers to stop the bug? I have custom content, but that's not the issue since it didn't cause any issues before this glitch occurred. Please help!

Message 1 of 10 (14,608 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@RainbowStarrix

After each update, most scripts mods and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. Checking what broke down this time after the patch, and replacing these broken ones by a new updated version or deleting these is the price the player pays for using CC and mods
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (14,598 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@RainbowStarrix

After each update, most scripts mods and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. Checking what broke down this time after the patch, and replacing these broken ones by a new updated version or deleting these is the price the player pays for using CC and mods
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 10 (14,599 Views)

★★ Novice

It wouldn't hurt to try that, I probably will, but I highly doubt cc or mods  are the reason this is occurring since I was able to play the game fine for a good few hours before everything stopped working.. I'll disable my mods and cc and mess around in a save with none in it and see if this issue persists.

Message 3 of 10 (14,593 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@RainbowStarrix

Yes, I believe you that it worked a few hours ago, but whether it works now AFTER the patch?
I had to replace a few broken ones
Message 4 of 10 (14,587 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay! Update! It definitely has something to do with one of my many.. many.. pieces of custom content. DANGIT! Really don't feel like dealing with this right now, will probably go through all the 2,049 mods that I have later... ugh.

Message 5 of 10 (14,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@kreatora 
It did work for a bit after the patch, yeah.. now it's all of a sudden just.. Stopped.

Message 6 of 10 (14,582 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@RainbowStarrix

This is why I only have a few CC pieces. The idea that I would have to check it after each patch shakes me. OMG - 2.049 pieces of mods ... I feel sorry for you.
Message 7 of 10 (14,573 Views)

★★ Novice

It's fixed! I spent 3 and a half mind numbing hours trying to find the mod that caused this to occur, but I found it! It was UI cheats extension, it needed an update.

Thank you so much! ^-^

Message 8 of 10 (14,513 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@RainbowStarrix OMG thank you, Something similar has been happening to me and is making me CRAZY!!! I will remove that mod (it is one of the only ones I have, and try it.)
Message 9 of 10 (14,087 Views)

Community Manager
Hoping that does the trick for you @K8Simsley. If not, please pop open a new thread and add some more information. I'll close this older thread out here in the meantime.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (14,067 Views)