Can't travel on vacation. Map pop up continuously.

by Sarah9800

Original Post

Can't travel on vacation. Map pop up continuously.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 legacy edition, City Life, outdoor retreat, Luxury party stuff, Get together, spa day, movie hangout stuff, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, jungle adventure, laundry day stuff, dine out, bowling night stuff, fitness stuff, get to work, backyard stuff, vintage glamour stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go on vacation to Selvadorada or travel while in Selvadora in Jungle Adventure.
What happens when the bug occurs? I go on vacation and when I travel to my rental it will just keep loading the map instead of taking me to the house or when I try to travel from my rental it will just keep opening the map instead of traveling to the location I picked. All though when it opens the map if does say my sim traveled and is no longer in the residence but i can't find them anywhere on the map.
What do you expect to see? the screen should load and open up to the place I chose to travel to with my sim(s).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I go on vacation and go to travel to my rental property the screen will show the loading screen and than the map page will pop up again. It shows that my sim has traveled but i can't find them on the map. If I try to travel again, the map page will continuously pop up. Eventually i have to exit the game. Sometimes it will load my rental property but if I try to travel somewhere from there than the map will continuously pop up until i eventually exit the game. It does it every time. I've tried on multiple saved games but it does it on all of them. 

Message 1 of 19 (2,048 Views)

Re: Can't travel on vacation. Map pop up continuously.

Hero
@Sarah9800 Are you travelling with a single Sim or with Sim + Household Member + NPC ?

There's currently a known crash issue with this constallation so would be good to know if it's a single Sim for you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (2,023 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried it all. Travel with one sim, 2 sims, whole household. Its the same thing every time. 

Message 3 of 19 (2,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sarah9800 Could you test a fresh save for testing if it happens there too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (2,014 Views)

★★ Novice

I made a new game and the same thing happens. I also tested it on all my saved games and it also does it on those too.

Message 5 of 19 (1,989 Views)

Hero

HI @Sarah9800 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (1,978 Views)

Hero
@Sarah9800 Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (1,941 Views)

Hero
@Sarah9800 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (1,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrictI tried resetting the game like you suggested but it didn't work.

Message 9 of 19 (1,869 Views)

Hero
@Sarah9800 There was a patch yesterday. Could you see if that helps ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (1,833 Views)