Can't tilt the camera anymore after last update (November 17th)

by Jesjes2016

Original Post

Can't tilt the camera anymore after last update (November 17th)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Before the last update (from November the 17th) I could use my mouse to tilt the camera to look from a higher or a lower angle. This however isn't possible anymore since the last update. 

I removed all my mods from the Mods folder before updating and before playing, the issue occurs both with and without my mods in that folder.

I can still use Ctrl+A/D to turn the camera left and right, but Ctrl+W/S do nothing, and scrolling while holding Ctrl or holding Ctrl and using the left mouse button also does nothing.

I have tried to use my mousepad, a wireless mouse, and a normal mouse, and none of them will let me change the angle of the camera.

I can only shift the place of the camera while using my mousepad, and while using my wireless or normal mouse I can zoom in/out, shift place, and rotate the camera but not angle it.

The issue occurs both in build mode and while playing the game.

I have tried restoring the game, restarting my laptop, updating my laptop, turning off all overlays, and resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling it, but none of it has worked. And the only thing plugged into my laptop is either my normal mouse or my wireless mouse.

Both my wireless mouse and my laptop are fairly new and my laptop is better than the recommended specs for The Sims 4. Also my laptop runs on Windows 10.

The Sims 3 camera thankfully does work, however I personally really dislike using my keyboard to control my camera and I just really want to be able to tilt the camera using my mouse again. Does anyone maybe have any idea on how I could try to fix this issue?

Message 1 of 3 (319 Views)

Re: Can't tilt the camera anymore after last update (November 17th)

★ Pro

@Jesjes2016  I use the Sims 3 camera in my game.  I change the angle by holding Ctrl and using the right mouse button.  Try that combo and see if it works for you.  Hope it does.

Message 2 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: Can't tilt the camera anymore after last update (November 17th)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly that currently isn't working for me either. But thank you for the suggestion

Message 3 of 3 (260 Views)