Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't switch to new born sim

★★★ Newbie

Her icon also looks like she's sleeping even when she's crying, please help

Message 1 of 3 (1,068 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't switch to new born sim

@doctorwho7576  It sounds like the baby might be corrupted.  Do you happen to use custom content?  Perhaps some item is borking her.  Normally I'd suggest removing it in Create a Sim (entered via cheat or mod command), but babies can't be modified this way.  However, you could try aging her up to toddler.  That alone might fix the issue, provided you can get it to work.  Just buy a birthday cake, click on it, and select the baby to blow out the candles.

If that doesn't work, or you don't want to age up the kid, you can try evicting and replacing the household in Edit Town.  The sims will keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised dreams and opportunities, but this is probably the only modless way to reset the baby.  A more extreme version would be moving out the kid (and an adult), either via phone or Edit Town, and moving them back in later, after saving, quitting, and reloading.

And while you're troubleshooting, you should delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder (the one in Documents) each time you quit.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, as they tend to fill up with stale data.  But especially now, you'll want to get rid of them each time you try to fix your game.  For reference, these files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If none of these steps help, then the best thing to do is probably to revert to a previous save, from before the baby was born.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,061 Views)

All Replies

@doctorwho7576  It sounds like the baby might be corrupted.  Do you happen to use custom content?  Perhaps some item is borking her.  Normally I'd suggest removing it in Create a Sim (entered via cheat or mod command), but babies can't be modified this way.  However, you could try aging her up to toddler.  That alone might fix the issue, provided you can get it to work.  Just buy a birthday cake, click on it, and select the baby to blow out the candles.

If that doesn't work, or you don't want to age up the kid, you can try evicting and replacing the household in Edit Town.  The sims will keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised dreams and opportunities, but this is probably the only modless way to reset the baby.  A more extreme version would be moving out the kid (and an adult), either via phone or Edit Town, and moving them back in later, after saving, quitting, and reloading.

And while you're troubleshooting, you should delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder (the one in Documents) each time you quit.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, as they tend to fill up with stale data.  But especially now, you'll want to get rid of them each time you try to fix your game.  For reference, these files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If none of these steps help, then the best thing to do is probably to revert to a previous save, from before the baby was born.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks! I don't have any custom content or a previous save cause I'm just doing that silly 100 babies challenge from YouTube 'til I get bored of it so I will just age her up and see if that works.

Corrupt baby is totally getting the evil trait (or whatever it is on Sims 4).

Message 3 of 3 (1,058 Views)