Re: Can't switch to another household

by MCA_der_Negus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't switch to another household

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have a problem where I'm able to switch to any household (edit town) but there is only one family that I can't choose. I can't do anything with them, not even evict household. I can still visit them and interact with them but they're not playable. There is only the option to share them or save them as a copy. I don't understand why this is happening only to this family. 

What am I supposed to do now? Can someone help me out here?

Message 1 of 4 (584 Views)

Accepted Solution

@MCA_der_Negus  That's quite strange.  What happens if you select the Bulldoze tool (not the option that's missing from your screenshot, the tool that's on the left side of the user interface) and then click on the sims' home lot?  Do you get any error messages?  Does it freeze your game?

It may also help to delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder in Documents.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and while you're troubleshooting, every time you quit the game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

The other option you can try is to ask one of the sims to move in with another family, then move all of them in.  Once you've done that, go to Edit Town, save their old house to the bin if you want to keep it, bulldoze the lot, and replace the house.  Then, since you're controlling these sims, you can tell them to move back to their original house, or to a different lot.  (Money cheats can balance the funds if necessary.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (576 Views)

All Replies

@MCA_der_Negus  That's quite strange.  What happens if you select the Bulldoze tool (not the option that's missing from your screenshot, the tool that's on the left side of the user interface) and then click on the sims' home lot?  Do you get any error messages?  Does it freeze your game?

It may also help to delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder in Documents.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and while you're troubleshooting, every time you quit the game.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

The other option you can try is to ask one of the sims to move in with another family, then move all of them in.  Once you've done that, go to Edit Town, save their old house to the bin if you want to keep it, bulldoze the lot, and replace the house.  Then, since you're controlling these sims, you can tell them to move back to their original house, or to a different lot.  (Money cheats can balance the funds if necessary.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (577 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that later this day.

Message 3 of 4 (564 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict First of all thanks for the help. Deleting the cache unfortunately didn't help but I bulldozed the lot and after that I was placing them again together with the house and now I can switch again. Really weird. I don't know what was causing that.
Message 4 of 4 (539 Views)